August '08 POTM Contest!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hows that Debby? I re sized it and cropped it. I also adjusted the color a bit. If you don't like it i can put the old one back.

Debby

looks great Frankie THANKYOU now if i can figure out how to download it to the gallery i will be doing great.

Techno-Vicki

Beautiful color cobination Debbie! TippMAN, I shoot it in RAW and then adjust. It really is more true to life that the RAW pic.

hma

Nice shot Debby ..... Vicki this is my fav Acropora :)

Acropora%20tricolor_neu.jpg

Acropora tricolor

Octoman

You can enter pics that have been photoshoped ?? ....:eek:

Just minimal processing - cropping, color adjustment, white balance, brightness...

But think about it, everyone with a digital camera does some kind of processing. When you shoot an "untouched original" that you are pleased with, that just means that the camera's digital processing was satisfactory to you. But the camera does not always get WB, color, or brightness(exposure) right and it takes a human eye to tweak it so it's true to life.

One of the advantages of shooting in RAW format is the camera does not do this processing to the RAW image. That way you have a completely unprocessed picture to apply your own settings to.

Unless you are shooting in RAW and posting that image (which is not possible due to the lack of a standard RAW format), everyone is presenting a processed image - either the automatic digital settings in the camera are processing before compression, the individual is processing before compression, or the individual is retouching the camera's processed/compressed image.

In the days of great films like Velvia and Kodachrome, the film was the gold standard and represented the colors very well. However, now we depend on electronic light sensors and I think some of the real photography skill comes in with the human eye being able to correct for the inadequacies of computer processing.

Just my opinion...

icedgxe

I want to enter but don't know which one to enter or if they are even worth entering

321587224.jpg

321587211.jpg

321587035.jpg

321587019.jpg

321586999.jpg

321586994.jpg

321586990.jpg

321586972.jpg

what does everyone think?

Octoman

It's always worth entering, just pick your favorite and go for it!

I've got one, but I don't think it would count as a reef picture. Although it was in brackish water...

571944ab.jpg