Ashr's RSM 250!

Ashr

June.20th 2011

So I got a new RSM250 yesterday. I was going to buy one used but I found one on sale for 980.00 at the LPS. So I thought why not get it new for less. I also ended up getting a MP10ew! I thought why not, the MP40 was a little to much so why not get the MP10.

I put the stand together last night and wow.. what a pain. I broke about 4 clips and now some of the screws are missing the little round clips used to tighten them up.. whoops. it looks pretty go so far tho and I dont think I have to worry about it breaking.. I hope haha. I have emailed RSM to see what they have to say.

Pretty excited about this and I think I will add the MP10 to the 34g tonight too.
What settings do people find works the best so far?

More info and pictures to come!!:apimp:

Ashr

Soon!!

MP10 Specifications
Flow: 200 to 1575 gph (750 -5962 lph)
Power Consumption: 8 to 18 watts
Maximum Tank Thickness: 3/8″ (9.5mm)
Appropriate Tank Size Range: 2.5 to 50 gal (9.5 -190L)
Dimensions: Wet Side- 2.5″ diameter by 1.5″ long (63.5mm x 38.1mm),
Dry Side – 2.5″ diameter by 2″ long (63.5mm x 50.8mm)
Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.25″ (57mm)

This should be fine for our 250 I would think.. I know others have teh MP40 but I didnt have the extra cash for it. lol

Ashr

I hope so... I bought with out really thinking it over haha
I think it should be fine as 15g shouldnt really matter. Im really excited to try it out!

tnwillia

Hey Andrew, several are using MP10s without problems, I think Glenn is, if yours is the ES Wireless you can add an MP40 ES Wireless later and sync them up master slave. Best to just play with all the flow patterns when you first put it in. I use Reef Crest mode. Have fun!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats on the new RSM250 !!! and MP10 !

e-mail pinky & she will mail you some new screw clips - I broke two too & she sent me some for free as soon as I contacted her.

Ashr

So I have not been able to set my tank up just yet. needing to get rid of my old 55g FW first. I also wanted to ask everyone about the small pump on the right side (looking at the tank) I seems to rest on the glass in the back so I would think it would vibrate. So what I did was glue some filter sponge to the side of it so it won't rest right on the glass. Think that will help?

tnwillia

That should work, I just used the power cord and just kept it pulled tight to the point the pump was off the wall. I'd keep that sponge as small as possible as it's going to catch/trap all kinds of crap in that chamber. Have fun!

Ashr

Thanks tom. I did keep it pretty small.

Oh and I think I am missing the top lib part that covers the skimmer.. Cant seem to find it anywhere :(

Ashr

So I finaly got the sand into the tank last night. 40 pounds of Caribsea Ocean Direct Oolite Live Sand and 20 pounds of Caribsea Ocean Direct Original Live Sand.
Caribsea Substrates and Media

Ran out of salt so I picked up some today. Im at about 1.19 right now.

Pictures to come tonight :)

Ashr

Picked up 35 lbs today for the tank. I will use the rest from my 130 when everything is ready for the switch. Still have to aquascape it to how I want it.. Needing some good ideas.

270747_10150244294114485_516729484_7189147_5337093_n.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great start on the beautiful RSM 250 ! Rockscape is something I always played with over & over until I got the look - imo - caves are cool & I like a pretty large sand bed, lots of lovely corals like to live there & some height for corals that like more light. Going through the RSM Full Tank Shot thread & picking tanks you like & trying to use design elements, is what I did with my tanks.