Ashley's 30g Escape Tank

ASH

Thank you both....The whole back use to be covered with it but I got a stupid urchin and it all came off in big sheets of algae...it was pretty crazy.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ash I REALLY like the new look. I liked the original one but the new one ROCKS (Pun intended :LOL: )

Now get that camera back and take some more pics for us. Your rock-work looks really good :)

ASH

Thanks guys...

Aww Lynn so good to see you too...All is amazing here. Just recently got engaged!!!! And I am beside myself excited!!! We are hoping and preying no oil comes here. So far so good.

And yes I will take some more pics. I just added a blue hippo tang yesterday. I've always been scared to have one because they are so prone to get ich but I had a credit at the store and saw him and had to have him.....So of course I see little white specs pop up on him today but I'm hoping he's just adjusting and a little stressed. but he's swimming around and color looks amazing.

Reddog170

Sweet little tank. Love the scape. Dont know about the tang though. They get BIG and need lots of room, but I am certian you know that. I found that the smaller tanks anymore are more interesting to me, so much life in such a little box. Cant wait for more pics, Shaun

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Engaged? Huh? You didn't run that by Me first . .. . :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

:LOL:! Congrats!!

I'm watching for more pics :)

Last edited:

Frankie

RS STAFF
It's been months since I've posted on this thread. I was looking back at old pics on here and was really surprised at how bad my tank use to look haha. I really thought it looked good back then too LOL...Well I'm doing a before and after pic today. But the new pic was taken from my phone so i'm gonna take some more later when i get my camera back. So here it is.....

tank-1.jpg

Tank.jpg

Now your getting it. Very well done :thumbup:

ASH

haha al your a mess

Thanks Frankie

Ok well today we made a decision. Don't know if it was a good one but I wanted to try it out. We've been having a problem with aptasia. We've tried lemon juice, aptasia x and peppermint shrimp. Nothing has worked. The aptasia, of course, decided to pop up right in the middle of my zoa's so it's killing most of them. So today we got a copperband butterfly. The owner of the FS said we could "borrow" one for a month just so it could eat the aptasia. So this isn't a fish we plan on having for a long time. I know they are not reef safe and they don't get along with yellow tangs, but we were willing to take that chance. I'm sick of this aptasia.

jski711

you can also make a slurry of kalk and stick that over the aiptasia and it usually will kill them. Better that anything else ive tried.