Arreola's RSM 250!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Arreola - ggod news on Patricio being a jackpot baby! :)

Emerald crabs don't go after snails like hermit crabs can. I've never had any problems with my emeralds. Adding a couple may/may not help with the Bryopsis but it's worth a try. The new foxface may do a better job than the first one did.

kyley

Hi Arreola, Just subscribing to your thread. Beautiful child - mine's 6 now and I sometimes miss the baby days...

Tank looks great back in February. How about an updated FTS (I'm sure you have plenty of time for that, right)? Very sorry to hear about the Ich outbreak though. Are you leaving the tank free of fish for awhile? I've heard something like 4-8 weeks for all the Ich to die off in the water without a fish host. Otherwise, you may add fish and they could just get Ich again... It would be best to put the Diamond Watchman in a QT (and treat for Ich) while the tank sits without fish. If Ich killed off your fish, then that fish probably has it too (this is all just from what others have told me).

Good luck with the Bryopsis as well. My emerald crab has generally been well-behaved, although I did see him tear a couple bites off a new mushroom that was added to the tank once. I also think he ate a couple tiny clove polyps that were hitchhikers on another coral. Hasn't hurt any other livestock though (fish, snails, shrimp, etc.) - even though the shrimp get aggressive with him (when I've fed it pieces of nori). Take care,
--Kyle

Arreola

RIP- RMS 250!!!!
Bad news guys.
After my weekly maintenance (water change 60 liters + cleaning all filters) the glass just cracked and started to leak in the curve from the right side.
I will contact the Red Sea Dealer here in Mexico to claim a warranty.

The good thing was that my friend from the aquarium was here helping me with all the stuff when this happend.

We were talking in the kitchen about what new fishes to add when we heard a big bang followed by the noise of the water falling to the floor.

The only thing I regret the most is that finally I got a foxface 3 weeks ago that was keeping the bryopsis under control.

I will keep you posted on what the RSM dealer replied about this.

Also I will post som pictures tomorrow of the crack in the glass.

kyley

Oh wow, that's terrible! So very sorry to hear that. I would imagine they'll get you a replacement, but I can only imagine what you're going through... I'd be devastated with all the livestock in it and all the work I've put into mine. I hope you've managed to save your livestock - at least you were there when it happened. Take care,
--Kyle

Arreola

Eddie - Thankfully my friend from the LFS came today to help me with the maintenance (He usually comes here one a month to clean everything and do a major water change).
He took all the Livestock with him and he will keep them until I can get a new tank.

Kyle - I don't think that anyone can imagine how it felt to see all the water falling of the tank and running to get some empty buckets and the 20 liter bottles and try to save as much new water.

I will see if I can fix this tomorrow, but for now I manage to get all the livestock and LR out. Still have a little water and the live sand. and hope to save some of that also.

Just when I had enough pods to get a Mandarin...:verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:
:cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks for the email on the 250 cracking. What a terrible experience that has to be! It's probably the worst nightmare that a tank owner can have. Post us some pictures when you get a chance. If nothing else it's good to know that you had immediate help in saving the livestock and rock. I hope it all turns out well, and that Red Sea replaces the tank quickly.

Dweezil

That's terrible news! I'm so sorry. As terrible as it is though at least you were there with your friend and were able to save the livestock and the floor. It would have been really bad had you been gone for the day. :(

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
So sorry to hear... 1st I have every heard of a 250 doing this, one or twice I did hear of a 130 having the same thing happen.

Hope they get you a new tank ASAP & you can save your livestock, they should also be responsibly for any of your loses.

Arreola

Thank all for the comments
Here are come very bad pictures that I took while saving all the live stock

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Arreola

Terry -
Yes it started in exactly in the upper part or the rounded right corner and came down about 5 inches from the bottom it started to move to the front.

I already send the pictures to the Mexican distributer and waiting for their comments about the warranty.

I will keep posting about this "minor design flaw".. LOL

BTW.. Patricio es now 3 months old.
23.22 inches
15.22 lbs.

reeferman

man that sucks!i had a tank crack but that was after a rockslide.so sorry to hear that.keep your spirits up!

Arreola

Reggie - It sucked big time.
Terry - He is growing bigger every day and yes time is moving very fast for us.

OK. back to the topic.
I talked the evening with the guy that sold me the tank and he said that I have a 90% chance that I will get the new one by next week.
He will have to talk the guys at Red Sea and just get the green light to the warranty claim.

I will let all know how this goes.

Thank you all again for the support.