Arreola's RSM 250!!

Arreola

I got the RSM 250 last saturday.
I will assemble all the parts and hope that I can make the change from the 130 to this new baby.
I will try to post some pictures of the change tonight.

Here are some pictures.
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Cheers!
Arreola

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Congratulations!! Looking forward to seeing the new tank!! :bigbounce

Arreola

Looks good. Do you plan to put your new tank where your existing one is?

Yes, the plan is to transfer all livestock to the new tank and move the 130 to a small office I have here at home.

Today I will set up the 250, and transfer without adding anything but water.
In a week or so, will add more sand and some other corals I have purchased at a LFS, then slowly add some fishes and LR.

The ones I had died this past season while we where on vacation :cry1:

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. It's good to see unveiling pictures too. This helped me heaps before I bought mine.

David Shaw

Wow, nice upgrade for yourself. I would love a 250 but it would send me into twice the cleaning frenzy i already get myself into with the 130D. That takes me long enough to clean.

In fact i think i am talking TOTAL bull. If i could afford the upgrade, additional rocks, corals and fish I SO WOULD UPGRADE!

Arreola

Thank you all!!!
I am almost done for the assembly.
The next step is figure the way to transfer all the water, corals rock and sand to the new tank, then the most difficult part.... How to move the tanks! :smack:

redsea reefer

Thank you all!!!
I am almost done for the assembly.
The next step is figure the way to transfer all the water, corals rock and sand to the new tank, then the most difficult part.... How to move the tanks! :smack:

I would recommend not transferring the old sand bed and getting new sand for the new tank. Doing that can possibly cause problems. If anything use a little of the old sand to seed the new.

David Shaw

Why not keep the current set up and move it to the office, then set up the 250 as a new tank if money allows with the stocking of it etc?

I just LOVED setting mine up for the 1st time. I got live sand, live rock the works. Then when i had spent 5676433456765434567643 hours aquascaping and completed my cycle (over and done with in days) i added the CUC and slowly the rest. I just loved it.

I so want a new 250 upgrade adventure now!!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
How long did it take to get it all together?

I think cycling a new tank & looking at bare rock & sand is fun for weeks on end :)

Arreola

Glen & Eddie.
Thanks for the advise on the sand issue. A friend that works on a LFS, (over 25 years experience) will come in a few minutes to help me with the transfer.

I will ask what are the pros and cons about the sand.

About the assembly time, it was about 3.5 hours total, I been working from home and been mixing my time all day.

David:
I am not very patient and due to the lack of space I can't leave the 130 at the studio.

tnwillia:
Thank you!!! So far I am very happy with the tank.

Just hope that the skimmer pump and the heater does not give me a headache.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Arreola - thanks for the notice you sent me on setting up a new tank thread on the new 250! It looks great and I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Sorry to hear you lost the fish in the 130 while on vacation. I'll agree with using new sand - maybe just take some from the 130 to innoculate the new sand.

Have fun!

Replace the heater! :)