Arreola's RSM 250!!

Poriferan

Beautiful Child!

Mine turns 5 in a few weeks. Funny how when he was that size I had thoughts like I cant wait until he gets big enough to get around on his own. Then I had to "baby-proof" the house. Next it was I cant wait until he can talk. Now I swear there is never a moment of silence :smack: I say now that I cant wait for him to get a little older so he can play sports with me... who knows what that will mean:help: I love him though and wouldn't change a thing.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Beautiful Child!

Mine turns 5 in a few weeks. Funny how when he was that size I had thoughts like I cant wait until he gets big enough to get around on his own. Then I had to "baby-proof" the house. Next it was I cant wait until he can talk. Now I swear there is never a moment of silence :smack: I say now that I cant wait for him to get a little older so he can play sports with me... who knows what that will mean:help: I love him though and wouldn't change a thing.

All so very true!

redsea reefer

Beautiful Child!

This is very nice, it made me smile...:)

Arreola

Poriferan - It is very true!! I am in the point that I want him to sleep 8 hours at night, but for what I've read and told by the pediatrician, this is related more to the weight of the baby than to other things.

Back to the Battle vs Bryopsis.
I been reading that elevating the Mg levels (1,600 ~ 1,700) will help to get rid of the bryopsis.
Does any one had any experience doing this?

redsea reefer

Poriferan -

I been reading that elevating the Mg levels (1,600 ~ 1,700) will help to get rid of the bryopsis.

Have not done it before but it seems only Kent Tech M Magnesium works.

tnwillia

+1 with Tammy, my last is leaving home this spring. Blink and they are gone, love them and enjoy them every day!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Eddie is correct on the Kent Tech M Magnesium being the one that works the best with Bryopsis. Some think it's an impurity in the Tech M that does the job. I tried it and saw the Bryopsis starting to get a lighter shade (possibly dying) but at over 16-1700 Mg I was seeing a few corals like GSP looking distressed, so I stopped dosing and was lucky enough to get a Foxface that ate it all.

Arreola

Thanks Eddie and Terry, I will try to get my hands on some Kent Tech M.

I do not want to make major adjustments on the tan now that the corals are really good.

Poriferan

Poriferan - It is very true!! I am in the point that I want him to sleep 8 hours at night, but for what I've read and told by the pediatrician, this is related more to the weight of the baby than to other things.

Of yes, before my son came, I could sleep 8-10 hours, even now I am only back to 6-7. I just noticed you are from Mexico City. My wife says it is a very beautiful city, though overcrowded. She is from Acapulco and we lived 2 years in Tijuana after we married waiting on a her visa. I love to see all the diversity of people that come to this web site. Thank God you all speak English:clink: Porque mi español es muy malo!

Arreola

Hi All.
2 Months after, I am still fighting with a Bryopsis pest in my 250, and due to a lack of attention I had a lot of loses in the tank because of a ich outbreak.

Almost all of the fishes are gone, at this time I only have the Diamond Watchman.

I ask the my friend from the LFS to help me with the bryopsis pest and he will try to get me some "known" species to try to control the algae.

In the other hand, Patricio is doing great. he is now 2 months old and 14 lbs.
Here are some Pictures of him.
f11e5623.jpg
b11a99b5.jpg

99b0a327.jpg
931e7f2a.jpg

I will try to keep up with all and will post some more pictures (not just my son's pictures, but the tank as well)

Hope that everybody is doing great.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Good to hear from you again Arreola, it's been a while but I can see you have been very busy raising that cute son of yours. Sorry to hear about the ich, I hope you can get on top of it and start to add some new fish. With the bryopsis, I had a bit of a problem with that as well but my Foxface took care of that in no time. Best of luck :eek:lsmile:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hello Amigo - great to hear from you, and thanks for the update and new pictures of Patricio!

Sorry about the ich. I've been very lucky to not have to deal with that. On the Bryopsis - do you have any emerald crabs in the tank. I had a patch of it not long ago and my newest emerald crabs ate it all. I was surprised as in the past the crabs never touched it. I think lettuce slugs supposedly may eat it, but they never did for me (why I finally ended up with a One Spot Foxface that did the job).

Arreola

Leigh - It has been great being a dad, but I can use some sleep LOL.

My foxface did not touch the bryopsis, but I got a call from my friend at the LFS and told me that he has one foxface that it is eating some of the algae samples he took last time he was here. Hopefully I will get that fish in a couple of days.

Terry - Gracias mi amigo!!!
I do not have emerald crabs, but I am very tempted to try some of those for the 250. Just one question. Will they attack the snails? I have 30+ snails on the tanks (margaritas, astraeas, strombus and nassarius).

Tammy, Eddie, dmyers557, Glenn and Anthony - Thank you!! Appreciate the comments on the baby. He looks just like his dad. LOL

He is not just good looking, most of the people that know Patricio have told us that we hit the jackpot with this kid, he is very well behaved, he only cries when he is hungry and he smiles and laugh a lot.
He is starting to make funny noises.
We are really lucky to have such a blessing at home.