Aqueon Evolve 2 gallon Pico Reef

JJB103

I took out the live rock rubble in the filter chamber. It created too much detritus. I upgraded the pump to a hydor. I added purigen and put some filter media in front of the chaeto. I have to say that Purigen is amazing. I had Chemi pure elite, but everytime I would mess with it toxins would release back into the water and almost crashed my tank twice. The purigen is much more stable. I need to buy a dimmable driver for these LEDs and some moonlights ASAP.

Creekview

I've had a couple of nanos, never a pico. Water stability is always a challenge with the smaller tanks. I use purigen routinely, a comparable product is poly-filter, which is similar to purigen in its action. I liked it the poly-filter in my nano (modded Fluval Edge). Had upgraded to a larger Aquaclear, and cut the poly-filter to fit.

JJB103

Those lights make it look like a whole different tank. Well done!

Thank you. I love the color that it puts out. It makes the color of the corals stand out a lot. I'm definitely doing my own LED build for my bigger tank when it gets going.

JJB103

I've had a couple of nanos, never a pico. Water stability is always a challenge with the smaller tanks. I use purigen routinely, a comparable product is poly-filter, which is similar to purigen in its action. I liked it the poly-filter in my nano (modded Fluval Edge). Had upgraded to a larger Aquaclear, and cut the poly-filter to fit.

Since I put the purigen in, my parameters have stayed perfect w/ weekly 75% water changes.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Beautiful !
1085.gif

Mike Johnson

Didn't want to highjack the other thread where you posted the light you built for this.

Really like the shimmer effect it gave to your tank.

I have a couple questions for you, please. Do you think that light would work well on a 10 gallon tank?
How did you figure how high above your tank to put it? You said you had $80.00 into the build, but the link you gave says $37.00; what was the extra expense? Are you still happy with the light?

JJB103

Didn't want to highjack the other thread where you posted the light you built for this.

Really like the shimmer effect it gave to your tank.

I have a couple questions for you, please. Do you think that light would work well on a 10 gallon tank?
How did you figure how high above your tank to put it? You said you had $80.00 into the build, but the link you gave says $37.00; what was the extra expense? Are you still happy with the light?

It will be plenty of light for a 10 gallon. Just get the 80 degree lenses instead of the 60 that i have. I had to keep raising it up until my corals decided it wasn't too much light. The last position it's in is about 2 1/2 feet above the tank. haha That price is for a cheap generic led driver. I chose the meanwell driver and then add shipping and it was about $80 if i remeber. I had an old computer fan and a cell phone charger that I used to cool it. I am extremely happy with the light. It came with a hanging kit and 1 extra LED of each color. Even a free LED tester came with it.

Bex305

Hello JJB103,

I love the LEDS makes the tank look amazing I happen to have the same tank and I'm looking to upgrade my lights I was wondering if you had the website where you bought these lights or the link to the website . Also how much where the lights ?

Thanks !!!