Aqueon Evolve 2 gallon Pico Reef

JJB103

Will that light support those softies?

It will support them until I get the light upgraded. I won't see any growth, but they aren't reaching for light. The shroom is doing great. I am still deciding between a DIY kit from rapid LED or a boost LED par30 bulb.

Andy

cool tank! iv gt a small 24 gal. only prob iv had with the size on the tank its hard to get ya scape not to touch the glass and the corralline seems to love it ther which is a pain coz i cant get to it all!

devonscalf

I have one of these my self, been up for 4 months now. i like the way you have your rock set up i went with a deep sand bed and one large rock, i also had the same idea with the live rock in the back chamber which i also quickly decided against because of detritus build up. also tried macro but i feel like it needs its own light to do well and there just isn't enough back there. i decided to change the light to a green element led to try on my small aquarium and they work super and they a well priced.

JJB103

cool tank! iv gt a small 24 gal. only prob iv had with the size on the tank its hard to get ya scape not to touch the glass and the corralline seems to love it ther which is a pain coz i cant get to it all!
Thank you. I had to remove a bunch of rock to get it to not touch the sides. It only touches the back now.

JJB103

I have one of these my self, been up for 4 months now. i like the way you have your rock set up i went with a deep sand bed and one large rock, i also had the same idea with the live rock in the back chamber which i also quickly decided against because of detritus build up. also tried macro but i feel like it needs its own light to do well and there just isn't enough back there. i decided to change the light to a green element led to try on my small aquarium and they work super and they a well priced.
Since I moved the pump to the back left of the filter I haven't had any detritus settling in the back. The Chaeto does need its own light though. I'm going to do a par30 led bulb.

devonscalf

2013-01-19_10-39-47_292_zps6fad0c5d.jpg
[/IMG]
2013-01-19_10-39-57_499_zps12f746ea.jpg
[/IMG]
2013-01-19_10-45-00_246_zpse9cf8319.jpg
[/IMG]
i wanna add a skimmer just cant find one small enough but i think i can make one

Doogle

I wouldn't bother with a skimmer personally.
I would suggest getting some ricordea mushrooms though, some of the prettiest softies!

JJB103

Here are some updated pictures of my Pico. My DIY LED kit is shipping as we speak. So far so good. Parameters are definitely hard to keep stable, but weekly 75% water changes are working for now.

IMG496_zps3ed0c9b9.jpg

IMG495_zpse81b40ce.jpg

IMG494_zps0a41fd35.jpg

IMG493_zps3e9de768.jpg

IMG492_zpse3fd666b.jpg

JJB103

Thank you, I have never put LEDs together but I'm a huge do it yourselfer. Seemed simple enough. This was an 8 3w LED kit that came with one extra royal blue and one extra 10,000k. It also came with one extra lens an LED tester and a hanging kit, for free. Here are some pictures of the finished product. Took me about 2 hours total. I cut my heatsink down, because it was too big for my tank.

DSC01431_zps6e8b3dba.jpg

DSC01430_zpsc591b604.jpg

DSC01429_zps2ceb7d8c.jpg

DSC01428_zpsa8c1b783.jpg

DSC01426_zps9a64d29a.jpg

DSC01425_zps9c79f3ea.jpg