Aquascaping

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Yea thats Paul H's tank, lost most of it actually, the ell is still thier. I was thier with a portable generator after a huge wind storm, I tell you the oxygen got sucked out of that tank so fast it was unreal. he lost 50 % of his fish and 75% of the display corals, tough stuff, but he is a trooper, he'll be back soon

Mike

Brucey

Hey Nick .... thanx for posting on the Emp. As you know I have one but only a juv at the moment. I'm a true believer that if you get them young enough (1"), then they haven't got into coral eating yet ..... but time will tell
Brucey

TDEVIL

all i can say is WOW, Luis's tank is awsome, WOW

just re-did mine again, i had a coral get knocked of the the rock it was on (i think the naso did it), been working so much i didnt notice it, duh

TD

David

tankgirl, you have sucessfully consumed my afternoon with this mind boggling thread, and will have me working into the wee hours of the morning just to come close to catching up. :eek:

I started reading this thread thinking 'nice, pretty pictures to look at' and actually learned something thanks to your 'picture squiggles'. :smirk:

One amazing thing I'd like to point out, is that some of the nicest pictures were of small tanks. You'd think that some of them were huge until you see a wrasse or goby that looks like sea monster, which brings things back into perspective. I've never seen such small reef aquariums look as good as some of those.

Thank you very much; I imagine you have lightened up many a person's day, and inspired many of us to do better. Whatever you motivation for it - boredom, inspiration - I'd say everyone is better off for having seen this thread.

Well done, tankgirl.

tankgirl

Thanks, David!! It's a monster thread, that's certain. Yeah, I think small tanks are sort of like bonsai - you can truly lavish attention and make them perfect. I love having this thread as a resource, better than a good book on a rainy day, imo. :)

TD, you n me, both, bro'! It's so amazing that Nick resurrected the thread, cause I've be re-aquascaping my tank again, too.

Clint, yeah, I think we all feel that way!

tankgirl

Thanks, Johnny!!
I figure it's a nice resource for a lot of reasons.
More new scape pics - Brad Whitney's (this month's Reefkeeping TOTM;