Anyone need anything made out of pyrex?

BigJay

They are all generally the same size approx 4" 's tall and about 3 " 's in diameter. Some people though with a nano sometimes want one more compact. I use the same amount of glass regardless but I can try to accomadate if someone wants one a little shorter, taller , skinnier or fatter. Since I'm doing them by eye I can't guarantee the actual size but will try to do my best.

dianezoo

How about pyrex bases to go across the tank front to back on both ends to hold a light stip that is shorter than the tank is long. My local FSG had some made out of acrylic. They looked like 2 upside down T's one on each end. The verticl piece holds the lights up higher vs sitting right on a sheet of glass on the tank.

BigJay

Anyway you can get me a picture of it? I've seen acrylic cut as standoffs but never in a T shape.

orion01

Recieved my clear pod house today. It is fantastic! BigJay kept me informed throught the whole processed and shipped quickly. Great job man! It is awesome!

P4240531.jpg

Last edited:

john burgess

Hi Big Jay, could use a dropper 36" long with a 30 degree bend (something not quiet 45 but not straight does not need to be exact) 3" from bottom for target feeding i love your work and look forward to purchasing these pieces of art from u. btw i can use a piece for the top of my tank, i want to cut out the plastic support and replace it with pyrex 3/8"*16&7/8"*6" let me know what u can do. also off the reef stuff i want an all glass french press for my coffee and a few shot glasses and coffee mugs let me know can do some drawings or what ever u need. thanks in advance.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Awesome looking POD House! I don't know why but Pyrex (at least in my tank) really attracts "Coraline Algae". Mine is completely covered over... or it was. I "scraped it" for a fellow reefer who actually wanted some "Coraline Spores" to see his tank. Oh lordy!! LOL

.....btw i can use a piece for the top of my tank, i want to cut out the plastic support and replace it with pyrex 3/8"*16&7/8"*6" ......

Whew! It's not impossible or really HARD to do but replacing "Structural Elements" of your tank does introduce some new "Risk" to your system. Just make sure it's PERFECT before you leave it alone.

.....i want an all glass french press for my coffee and a few shot glasses and coffee mugs ...

I like how you're thinking here. His work is AMAZING and I can't wait to see what he comes up with :)

:thumber:

BigJay

John sending you a PM.

Was your pod house sand blasted AL? the sand blasted glass grows coraline extremely rapidly. Which is nice for the frag plugs. I'm still re-designing the rack system and I 'm toying with making racks that look like glass bottles. At the rate the coraline covers them I think its gonna look sweet.

Basile

Recieved my clear pod house today. It is fantastic! BigJay kept me informed throught the whole processed and shipped quickly. Great job man! It is awesome!

P4240531.jpg

That is really cool, making me think now; i'm setting up my tank first and see where i could put this in, really cool man. :winner:

BigJay

Jay,
How much are your frag discs? Have you ever used acrylic frag discs?

Acrylic doesn't really work since its somewhat bouyant. I haven't officially launched the frag plugs due to some complications with distrubution. But if your interested in some I'll send you a PM.

john burgess

frag plugs im interested and a frag plug holder something that will hang on my tank and rest 9 inches from the top of the tank in the water hold 20 plugs :bow: :bigbounce

BigJay

Going to be unavailable most, if not all of this week. I know I have several items in transit right now. If theres any problems please drop me a PM or email(same as paypal) and I will get to it as soon as possible. Thanks!