Anemone Club!

aquaman3680

So i know about the BSJ club and figured theres enough people here who have carpets and or are intrested in them! So lets start a carpet club... same rules as the Blue Spot Jawfish club! Just post a picture and ill add it to the front page! Make sure to include their hosts if you have one!

Updates: ALL ANEMONES ARE ALLOWED NOW!

Members:

Aquaman3680 Green carpet with a saddleback host
DSC_0948.jpg

Woodstock's AWESOME purple carpet with pink skunk!
2007April30017.jpg

rreynell's awesome green carpet!
7554d1180371724-carpet-club-p1010259-1-small-custom-.jpg

vdituri's sebae anemone!
7555d1180372657-carpet-club-carpet-anemone.jpg

Sasquach's Beaded and GBTA!
7558d1180393344-carpet-club-anem.gif

Dentoid's RBTA!
DSC_0040.jpg

Cheek's RBTA- Roberts other anemones not pictured- GBTA- Green Carpet- And Sebae
168_6833.jpg

xelnaga15's anemone with 2 awesome maroons!
IMG_0580.jpg

Brothawolf's RBTA!
IMG_3044.jpg

rebekwl's white condy!
7666d1181842434-anemone-club-misc-pics-175.jpg

melnguy's hot pink tube anemone, and sebae and carpet!
pinktube.jpg

wrecklass's carpet and clown!
Picture103.jpg

bluespotjawfish's RBTA and clowns!
P1010409-newkids.JPG

Snelly40's anemone and clown!
new_sig_pic.JPG

burning2nd's anemone and clowns!
Picture3002477.jpg

Icstorc's RBTA!
7937d1184806729-anemone-club-rbta2.pg.jpg

raleej337's LTA!
P7300021.jpg

Kathywithbirds's BTA!
8003d1185739479-anemone-club-anem1.jpg

Jubbers condy!
Dory_and_the_condy.jpg

Waiting List for Admittance to the Anemone Club:

1. TBA

2. TBA

3. TBA

4. TBA

Last edited:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Re: Carpet club!

I want in but dont know if this will meet the stringent requirements of this note worthy club? please advise. Steve (carpet owner wannabe)

Last edited:

Frankie

RS STAFF

I'm looking for a red one if anyone finds one let me know.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF

Frankie, reefscience.com had one for $699 a few weeks ago....

aquaman3680

Doni your in, sasquach is in kinda :LOL: Frankie your in the soon to be carpet members!

Matt

aquaman3680

I know there are several people here with carpets or want one! Also you can ask questions here! Where are all your carpets?

Matt

Woodstock

RS STAFF

What temp is your reef?
How often do you feed your anemone?
What do you feed it?

michael_cb_125

I really like these creatures. I want one, but I am scared to add it to my reef.
I need more information before I jump in. I have enough light, and I think I have enough room, but I have always heard that they are very hard to keep.
Tell me about them..

aquaman3680

What temp is your reef?
How often do you feed your anemone?
What do you feed it?

I keep my reef around 79-81. I just feed it uncooked table shrimp but i need to start feeding it something else... Any suggestions? I feed it about 2 times a week, should i be feeding more?

I really like these creatures. I want one, but I am scared to add it to my reef.
I need more information before I jump in. I have enough light, and I think I have enough room, but I have always heard that they are very hard to keep.
Tell me about them..
These do get extremely large! Mine right now is about 12 inches when fully stretched out! IMHO i dont think they are harder to keep than a fish if you have the light! They do need a stable environment though! If you do get one there are a couple things you want to look for before buying! You want to make sure they are sticky and that they are open and look healthy!

Matt

blue_eyes53813

I have a carpet anemone. It has beautiful colors,,, pink green and sometimes even some blue tips.. But when I take a picture it all looks brown..I will keep trying

Woodstock

RS STAFF

Matt, I feed mine different things (squid, silversides, homemade mush, cocktail shrimp, krill); all cut up to 1/2" pieces. It gets picky sometimes and will not take a certain food ... I feed it 2-3 times per week. My temp is 77-78 right now.
My Neptune Aquacontroller III is programmed for the seasonal tropical ocean temps, sunrise/sunset, and moon phases so it is all automatic now. The temp slowly rises and falls throughout the calendar year; from 76 to 80.5. The photo period shortens/lengthens and the nightlight fads/brightens with the moon phases.

rod

So i know about the BSJ club and figured theres enough people here who have carpets and or are intrested in them! So lets start a carpet club... same rules as the Blue Spot Jawfish club! Just post a picture and ill add it to the front page! Make sure to include their hosts if you have one!

Members:

Aquaman3680 Green carpet with a saddleback host
DSC_0948.jpg

Woodstock's AWESOME purple carpet with pink skunk!
2007April30017.jpg

sasquaches want to be carpet! :lol:
7389d1178509450-carpet-club-fishrug1.gif

Soon to be Carpet Club members:

FFrankie
These are beatiful. One pet store had five of those beautiful green ones for $37.00 last week. They were very large. They were all gone within a few days. So I missed getting one on friday when we went shopping.

Anselth

I plan to get one of these a little while down the road, once I significantly upgrade my tank (I think a 50 is a bit too small, lol).

michael_cb_125

OK, I really want one. My tank is 100 gallons. I have alot of light. The tank is only 16 inches tall. I have two 250 watt HQI MH. and several 54 watt t5s. I am at 10.5 watts per gallon. I know that this is not a good way to measure light. I have alot of flow, and my temp varies from 78 to 80:smck: . All of my water parameters are good. The only thing that scares me is that this tank is set up as a SPS and clam tank. I also have some LPS. I dont want anything to kill my coral. I have also heard bout these anemoes killing and eating your fish. Does anyone here have problems with this? I need some helkp deciding wether or not to get one.

vdituri

Blue Eyes, you gotta say "cheese" so it knows you are taking a picture. Otherwise it looks away and you get just the backside.