And it starts... 150g in-wall

JJB103

Here is a quick update picture and video. I'm still around, just very busy with work. I'm never too busy to maintain my tank though. I have to say that having an Apex has made my life much easier.
9871dd0da03ae2e4f9d97593e4434723.jpg

JJB103

Here is a little update. Some things have changed and I am trying to catch my Blonde Naso. He is really aggressive and has killed a mystery wrasse and a red head Solon wrasse. He is about to kill my blue jaw trigger so he needs to go. He is about 6" now so he needs a bigger home.
a112d145b72d8c633c4372bcfb01b510.jpg

I also added T5s to my lighting system to get more spectrum and even light coverage. It's too early to tell how much it will impact the growth and color.
c21d4d56976a654d1cf9ff24fc84e48f.jpg

rostervandross

Awesome collection of corals, Whats the one patch of stuff on the sand outside the cave on the right?

Good luck catching your tang. you should try a fish trap with a mirror in the back.. he will probably go after his reflection

JJB103

Awesome collection of corals, Whats the one patch of stuff on the sand outside the cave on the right?

Good luck catching your tang. you should try a fish trap with a mirror in the back.. he will probably go after his reflection
Thank you so much. It is a green fungia.

I like the idea of the mirror. I have a Fishtrap that I've used a few times but I never thought of the mirror for a tang.

Squatch XXL

It's hard to let him go because he is an amazing looking fish.
I can't agree more. He is a very awesome looking fish, and I generally dislike tangs. I looked up this variety and learned more, including I don't think I could keep one in any way.

Than I looked over your thread.

Thank you.

I am in the process of rebuilding an 85 gallon specifically for through the wall enjoyment. I have not gotten too many pages in, but I can assure you I will. You seem to have a similar diy thrills that I get into.

It is amazing how great your tank looks from day 1 to the most recent photo.

JJB103

I can't agree more. He is a very awesome looking fish, and I generally dislike tangs. I looked up this variety and learned more, including I don't think I could keep one in any way.

Than I looked over your thread.

Thank you.

I am in the process of rebuilding an 85 gallon specifically for through the wall enjoyment. I have not gotten too many pages in, but I can assure you I will. You seem to have a similar diy thrills that I get into.

It is amazing how great your tank looks from day 1 to the most recent photo.
Thank you very much. It's been a lot of work, but fun work.

saintsreturn

Wow, I just read all the pages and cannot believe the ride you have been through. When my tank started having issues, carbon fixed most of them. I love your tank and look forward to your continued updates!

JJB103

6b4ff37b3478111211a603af5f1a2c8a.jpg
I picked up this blasto yesterday. I've walked by this 10 times thinking it was just a mushroom then I saw one closed up and it is definitely an LPS. The guy at the shop said it was a blasto. I've never seen one like it so I needed to have it.