Aks reef

Akshay

No more mobile shots with reflections etc..
Finally got the dSLR out and here are some tank photos...
:yup:

Untitled-3_zps36c5413c.jpg

Untitled-1_zps1bdaa888.jpg

Untitled-2_zpsd185cf51.jpg

Untitled-10_zpsb696c579.jpg

Untitled-9_zps2428d204.jpg

Untitled-4_zpsde494638.jpg

Untitled-5_zpsb8a24588.jpg

Untitled-7_zps0308b6fd.jpg

Untitled-6_zps99eaf034.jpg

Untitled-8_zps6064e87b.jpg

Untitled-12_zps5b9367de.jpg

Untitled-14_zpsce2a504d.jpg

Untitled-11_zpsae8c2771.jpg

Untitled-13_zps4d168428.jpg

Akshay

It's very rare that I get to see all the 4 shrimp out at the same spot in the tank.
Today was a lucky day... specially with the camel shrimps, as they are essentially nocturnal.
Not many ppl keep camel shrimp as they are considered unsafe in a reef. But IME never had a problem with them.
They might be slightly smaller than the scarlet shrimp but they do hold their ground against it aswell.
[video=youtube;eaNd3ryMB6o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaNd3ryMB6o[/video]

Akshay

Some new feeding videos from today morning. System is still the same except that the LED floods have been replaced with some regular 3w LED fixtures, it should be about 9-10 months now. And the sump was completely overhauled to a new one with reduced water level to improve the skimmer's performance. No more PO4 bags, just basic WC once in a while. Rest all on auto mode.

Akshay

By far one of my fav fish... always out and about and never shy of humans approaching their space! They are the reason I got in this in the first place and now they are the reason why I am still keeping the tank going.

Anyways having a problem feeding a female sunset anthias (Pseudanthias parvirostris) which I had recently picked up (about a month ago). The male is feeding on my frozen seafood mix, pellets etc.., but the female doesn't bother. Tries it once in a while but no active feeding. Have had to keep a live brine shrimp culture going just to ensure it eats something, but i don't think this is gonna be enough in the long run. Any ideas/suggestions to wean it on to feeding other things?

Akshay

The reef tank has been closed down a few years ago. :(
The FOWLR has been converted to a planted tank with guppy, neons & cherry shrimps.
Apart from that have a few kois. Just did not have the time to do justice to them.

Everything was donated to friends.
So the clown pair is still alive and they still lay eggs every fortnight, the mandarin is also still alive (touch wood, as my friend has a tank half the size of mine & I was super skeptical giving him up there) but he is still going strong... :) Pyjama cardinal is also still around.

Nowadays the ocean is my fish tank... and I guess its gonna remain that way for a while.. Cheers