Aiptasia?

joelarge

I noticed this showed up after adding a new frag to my tank yesterday:

aiptasia.jpg

I think it may be aiptasia and wanted to be sure before I tried to assassinate it..thanks for your help!

mettjl03

You should take care of that pretty quick... IT IS NOT YOUR FRIEND! lol Try AptaisiaX. It works great and you can get it offline if the lfs doesnt have it.

joelarge

Thanks for all the help everyone....unfortunately the rock it is attached to is also the same one these are attached to:

unknown.jpg

These I am also not sure of what they are although I do like them! This was also taken right after I fed the tank, and they snapped up a few pieces!

I did pick up a peppermint shrimp today in hopes he will eat the bad stuff and if that fails, I will try the AiptasiaX and see if it works...

mro2you2

:eek:verhere: NO do not do aiptasiaX!! ( here comes a fued.. :smoking: ) Do joe juice!! Its better and works great.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've had Joes Juice spread and kill nearby polyps. Aiptasia-X is much easier to use and doesn't drift and spread as easily.

sbutts

I've had Joes Juice spread and kill nearby polyps. Aiptasia-X is much easier to use and doesn't drift and spread as easily.

Sorry to jump in, but I just used Aiptasia-X and it seemed to cause the Aiptaia to kind of srink and loose their tentacles, but......... I didn't know if I had to try and remove them from the tank, so I just left them. They seem to be coming back (tentacles seem to be growing back). Should I have try to remove them by sucking them out?

Thanks for any info.

joelarge

So I did invest in the peppermint shrimp a few days ago and dropped him in the tank....after a while it seemed like I wasted money on him cause he was not going anywhere near the aiptaisa in the tank.....then all the sudden last night, he was on a rampage and starting to attack them like crazy!! He charged them and used his front legs or whatever they are and started to rip and dig at it until it was shredded.....then today he repeated the same tactics on another one I had on a frag I picked up at the store...shredded it too...I will definitely keep him in the tank so if they sprout back up, he can shred them again :)