Adrienne's Red Sea Max C-250

Adrienne

Updated photos - I have 7 more frags arriving this week which will probably be it unless I put more rock in. kH is hard to maintain - seems to like 7.0 the best. Fish & inverts = picasso clown pair, skunk cleaner shrimp, pyjama cardinal, copper band butterfly and target mandarin. It has been suggested that this is now a full tank.

Pat24601

Your tank really came along amazingly well very quickly. How is the butterfly doing? They are very cool looking. Your corals are looking healthy and full!

Adrienne

Hi Pat, sorry for the late reply. It was my daughters wedding last weekend so I have been kind of busy. The CBB is doing really well, eats frozen mysid and brine shrimp and takes frozen marinara mix out of my fingers, as does the clown and also the pyjama cardinal at times :) Lost one of my clowns two days ago - it jumped :( I will go to Tauranga and pick up a replacement in a few days.

I have started dosing NOPOX in my tank, hopefully to reduce the hair algae.

Best news of all is that after eight months I have been able to remove the restrictor on the skimmer meaning it can now run at full throttle!

Oxylebius

It looks like 6 weeks ago you were still having some issues w/the chemistry of the tank. Has everything settle down and is now running at constant parameters?

akejan

Great tank! Do you like the lights? Wish it would be LEDs myself.
Thinking of upgrading from a 31 gallon tank, but i am not sure what to get, maybe a C250 or a reefer 250?

Adrienne

Thanks for the positive comments :)

I do like the lights and according to those who had the 250 model the C-250 are a great improvement. I did consider LED but the feedback about the Reef Spec lighting on the C-250 made me realise how good it was so I just started to replace the tubes after six months. Is the reefer 250 an Aqua One? Here in NZ we don't get to either see or have imported a lot of the tanks available overseas.

I would like a sump though - I know there are units out there for the Red Sea 250 which I might look at in time.

akejan

Thanks for the positive comments :)

I do like the lights and according to those who had the 250 model the C-250 are a great improvement. I did consider LED but the feedback about the Reef Spec lighting on the C-250 made me realise how good it was so I just started to replace the tubes after six months. Is the reefer 250 an Aqua One? Here in NZ we don't get to either see or have imported a lot of the tanks available overseas.

I would like a sump though - I know there are units out there for the Red Sea 250 which I might look at in time.
The Reefer serie is Red seas new rimless aquariums. They come with a stand, owerflow, sump, waterreservoir and a osmolator. You can then choose your own lightning, skimmer, heater, returnpump and cirkulationpump or pumps. The 250 is aprox. the same size as the c250.

Adrienne

The Reefer serie is Red seas new rimless aquariums. They come with a stand, owerflow, sump, waterreservoir and a osmolator. You can then choose your own lightning, skimmer, heater, returnpump and cirkulationpump or pumps. The 250 is aprox. the same size as the c250.
Sounds good. Given the very few C-250 over here we may never get them. I am yet to find another person in the country with the C-250.
We simply do not have the population to make it worth while.

Pat24601

Can anyone on here help me with my last question on this thread? http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/di-help.94282/#post-1289550

I haven't worked out whether it is best to ask all questions on this thread or separate them out :)

BTW, while I can't help with this question, I'd say you handled it right from a protocol perspective. A new thread with a very specific subject line posted in the appropriate forum will generally get more traffic and response than the tank threads. Even the folks that try to follow the tank threads can't really read every post so a new and clear subject line will get attention.

Also, referencing the post here lets people following your tank thread find it.

It looks to me like Oxy and Glenn gave you feedback on this one and advice doesn't get any better than that. So, I'm just commenting on protocol.