2 angels?

aquaman3680

I had a flame back angel and a coral beauty angel for about 2 years. It can work just depends on the size of the tank...

Matt

Raf

depends

on things like the tanks size, the amount of rock/hiding spots in the tank, the size of the two angels, other fish in the tank.....

One of my client's tanks has a coral beauty, a flame and a bicolor in it, It is 90 gallon, they were all added at the same time, 1 day of fighting and then there was an understanding between them all and they got along.

HTH

prow

if the system is big enough and you add them at the same time they can live togather. i have been successful keeping a flame and a coral beauty in the same tank a couple times.

munki

o well there goes that idea. i wont be able to add them at the same time. what size tank would i have needed?
-thank you guys for all the help:)

aquaman3680

i had my coral beauty in the tank for about 2 weeks before adding the larger flameback... Why cant you add both at the same time?

Matt

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I have tried to do this twice with catastrophic results. I don't recommend it and neither do any of the experts. Dwarf Angels are VERY territorial and once one of them is established it's very difficult to add another. Recently I visited an LFS which had a CB and a Flame and it was very sad to see the CB getting beat up as it was by the Flame and the owner refusing to remove one of them, just plain stupidity IMHO.

jhnrb

I do agree with cheeks, however, as long as you know that if you do not initially experiance a problem, it is not uncommon for difficulties to arise as the fish mature. anyways, I dont recommend more than one pygmy angel in systems less than 240 gal but some have had great success with um. good luck. keep us posted on your additions and pics please.

KMP

i wouldnt' argue w/the experts - but we do have a cb and fa in our work tank. no problems.

Frankie

RS STAFF
It's all luck of the draw with this topic. For the most part cheeks hit it on the head. It's just not worth finding out you made a mistake and having to tear down a whole system to get one or both out. Its defiantly cruel also to the animals and very stressful to the other inhabitants.
There are ways you can try though. You could take the current fish out of the tank when you get the new one and quarantine both fish separate for a week or so then add them both to the system. if you go this route you might want to rearrange your rock also before re-introduction.