2 angels?

lcstorc

IMO same story. I've never had a koran but everything I read says one at a time or eventually they will fight.

cracker

I was reading about adding two different dwarfs at the same time. Also adding two of the same species by obtaining smaller fish . Juveniles are female & the larger of the two will turn male. So will at least get along. I see problems during QT. May have to section off the tank. I wonder if a 20 tall sectioned in two would be big enough. Just may have to startup the 55! A pair of would be as nice as to different types. Plenty of room in the 200.I may give this a try.

SubRosa

An often overlooked aspect of this situation is how the rocks are arranged.In the typical "wall of rock" tank there are no easy reference points for delineating territories.If the rock is arranged to form distinct bommies with open space in between them it provides natural boundaries that can make it easier for fish holding adjacent territories to know where the edge of their respective turfs are.And better yet if the bommies are arranged to allow swimming room all the way around them.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Plenty of room in the 200.I may give this a try.

In a 200 gal tank no problem but in a 55 not a chance.

Also adding two of the same species by obtaining smaller fish . Juveniles are female & the larger of the two will turn male.

This would be a good method but very difficult to find juveniles and add them simultaneously.

cracker

Agreed! 1st, obtaining two juveniles would probably require a special order. Then you would want to be able to separate them during qt if necessary. That would at least give you the chance to see if they will get along.
Sub Rosa brings up a very interesting point! With seperate rock formations each could claim their own "king " of the mountain.

Witfull

can it be done?
yes

sucessfully?
maybe

long term?
tank size and personality of fish dictate

if it does?
Priceless~

heels92

I was wondering about a similar situation/question. What about a coral beauty and yellow tang? I started to start an new thread but figured this is very close to my question. I have a coral beauty I added to my tank 2 weeks ago (i knew/know the risks with reef tank going in) and it seems to be doing quite well.

Yesterday I got a yellow tang and now have it in my qt, where I plan on keeping it for a while. Before I add it to my main tank, I wanted to get some opinions.

I know opinions are like (you know,) everybody has one, but I figured the opinions on here seem worth reading.

Witfull

each wil be pissy....one defending the other trying to gain terretory. but there will be no inter-genus hatred~

heels92

Thanks, do you think this will eventually cause undue stress in the tank? I do have plenty of nooks and crannies for them to each claim.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
As long as the Dwarf was added first there should be no issues. In my old tank my yellow Tang and Flame Angel used to swim together and were pals.

tbittner

I currently have a flame. I'm in the process of setting up a monster aquarium and the contents of the 120g, including the flame, will be moved into the big tank. It will be all new rock structures and everything. Think it would be ok to also add in a coral beauty at that time?

My new tank is a 450g, 10 feet long. I would love to add a coral beauty but I also love my flame and I don't want to cause any problems for the flame.

vdituri

Terry, I would think that would be PLENTY of space for those 2 angels to clame some territory.

The experts may chime in at any point and prove me wrong. :bouncer:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Terry, I would think that would be PLENTY of space for those 2 angels to clame some territory.

The experts may chime in at any point and prove me wrong. :bouncer:

I agree. With that sized tank you could keep several Dwarf Angels IMHO without problems IMHO.