120gal build by hummer41269

hummer41269

Do you mean the 2 inch 3way y pipe in the center ..if not I'm not sure what you mean could you show me a pic of what you think is better

sirrealism

He is talking about the glass cleaner. Man this is a great set up. I really miss having a basement. Living in FL no one has basements so sumps are all under the tank. Your setting up enough sump and fug for a 300g tank. Love it!!!!

sirrealism

I love it too. I lived in St Pete for 20 year and 5 years at Indian rocks bch. Now I am about 40 miles north which is nice 2. Much more space and no rush hour.

hummer41269

Well last night I started to fill sump ..new year .new sump
5a8bb73c09edd2944f2375e9b3d68e0b.jpg
f270e329def713440e1e0117c744d7d9.jpg
the pump is kinda lg to be run with out the refugium it still filling once it filled I'm going to add the salt and just run the sump for a while and cycle it then incorporated the tank when the rock has cycled in a few weeks

hummer41269

How can I get the noise down in the stand pipes ?? The blue tube are to let air in to pipes it helps some
All ideal welcome

hummer41269

Well 2 of the 3 tub are full and have the salt in it the water and waiting for the water to hit 79 deg so I can empty the content of my brut can and rock in too the refugium with the shrimp and 3 bags of live sand
6d7c46b7878113efce5e010bdaa7fc28.jpg
f81ed2bc5b9a2a1aadd21c69311f6865.jpg

cracker

Hummer, can You shorten the pipes that enter the skimmer tub.Looks like they end fairly deep and creating back pressure shorten them to about an inch under the water level. That might help. The herbie thing will work for sure just a little complicated to do. check this out http://www.glassreef.com/basics_overflow.php
I read this last night pretty cool and easily done wth Your drains right there.

hummer41269

Hmmm very interesting article as soon as systems is up and running fully I can make the decision on what to do .thanks for the article ..
thanks again cracker

hummer41269

Well ..rock . Sand and shrimp is in the water and up and running the skimmer is already pulling out stuff yaaaaay