10g Nuvo Lagoon build

zchauvin

Just have to do an update to say how shitty IO reef crystals is. Did a 5g waterchange with this because I ran out of Red Sea coral pro. Ph went from a steady 8.22 to 7.75 this morning. Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StirCrayzy

I've never seen less than 8.0 using RC for the last 15 years. Maybe your phantom PH issue wasn't in the sand after all?

zchauvin

I've never seen less than 8.0 using RC for the last 15 years. Maybe your phantom PH issue wasn't in the sand after all?
Idk, ph of freshly mixed IO was 7.93 and Red Sea coral pro 8.33.

Today I had a low of 7.74 and high of 8.00.

StirCrayzy

After RODI, Before mixing Salt.

I used to have low ph years ago before I mixed salt in, and it affected my WC water. (Also before I used RODI ) I used Kent Marine buffer to stabilize during the mixing process. The problem went away and I stopped using the buffer. No explanation, supposedly nothing changed at the city water treatment plants, but I haven't used the buffer since 05ish.
I still check my Rodi once in a while, just in case.

zchauvin

K, making some water tomorrow for ATO container will report back

zchauvin

Ok. So, last Friday the manager of apartment complex informed me that I could not have a pet/aquarium over 45lbs. I knew this but didn't pay any mind and yeah, I had to go smaller. It's not 45lbs but they agreed to let me have a ten gallon. So this weeks been hectic trying to get rid of livestock that wouldn't fit ect ect. Anyways, this is what the lagoon now looks like.

d680c6575bd2d83c02d340e03a859d24.jpg

I added a few other things since I traded some stuff in but the pics are crap as usual. Traded out the three fish for one domino damsel. Im happy with how it came out considering what I had to do.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Looks nice - glad you could have one & staying in the game

ps - if you want me to change this threads Title - just let me know to what :nessie:

zchauvin

Does anyone know (using AI prime) if when setting color through manual mode if light will still follow your time you have set

zchauvin

48790d49ebb0cbc56ef0380b0d69590c.jpg
ccc0ebfd25ff930ea3315a2c821e0cd6.jpg

After a week or so and I know every thing is stable, I will be taking that top rock out and putting the Symphyllia up there.

zchauvin

308ed2022423bf341ffa1e67f007970a.jpg
Just finished putting in new ATO container. Nice addition visually and will keep the bug spray out of top off water since I no longer have it in a cabinet

zchauvin

I did a water change two days ago, about 2.5 gallons or so. Ever since, my new acan colony and my Xenia have been not looking so hot. Did I change too much water and make the water too clean? Thinking I might go to a 2.5 every other weekend?