10g Nuvo Lagoon build

zchauvin

Question for you guys, I am getting my Radion on Monday. I have been running this Kessil ballpark 20-30%. Not using any controller right now so just using the knobs on top. My Radion will be set through apex. Do you guys have any idea on a starting intensity and max intensity over a tank this shallow? I'm guessing start at 20% and max out around 40-50% intensity? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zchauvin

Also wanted to add, not sure on what my phosphates are as I only have the API kit but the red planet frag that I got for free has already grown enough for me to notice it today and is getting more and more green near the base daily. It was completely brown in the lfs show tank.

zchauvin

Also, going out of town this weekend. Can I simply setup apex outlet as fallback off, set on. And plug light into it. Then turn the outlet on and off from out of town?

zchauvin

Guys, I got my radion mounted today and hooked up through apex. Love it! Question, have any of you used the RMS on this particular tank and were able to fit the tunze 9001. Doesn't seem like it will fit anymore. Also, does my neotherm heater have to be fully submerged? Thinking I may end up having to try out the IM ghost skimmer as this doesn't seem like an option anymore unless I hung the light which would be a real pain.

zchauvin

Updated shot with Radion and two new colonies

50227cd396d1f56713bdf5d8941df8db.jpg

zchauvin

Passed by a lfs today that I had never visited before. Loved the store and ended up picking up a rainbow lobo. Had a awesome 120 planet aquarium rimless in front and a huge tank. Guessing 500 or so gallons. I loved the way they stock tanks, sps were all colored up and no algae. The 120 had probably 60 total fish.

3a2d4d6562cf907e2e3e46b53a29518d.jpg
0f70cb948eaa193b605d81e4cdaffc41.jpg
ba5ada80ef44f9ff20c75f58bff92ac1.jpg
e282acb762d43171187f7439c295218e.jpg

zchauvin

Pic from tonight that I was sent now that the zoas were all open, did my water change today with reef crystals. I found my levels were too high for the coral types I have.

Let me know what you guys think!

174d54323a63aa93032cf2d0b1e5737a.jpg

zchauvin

Very weird thing tonight... One of my acans seemed a little odd, upon closer inspection it seemed as though it was gouged in areas and now seems to be splitting. Anyone experience this?

zchauvin

For those interested, the splitting I saw yesterday evening resulted in three additional heads today

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Tank looks really nice. Tell me again why you removed the sand?

zchauvin

Tank looks really nice. Tell me again why you removed the sand?

Was holding a lot of detritus, in which causing my ph to constantly fall after only a short amount of time. I had ruled out every other possible reason for a falling ph, and saw a few barebottom tanks so I just removed it and wallah. Easy to keep clean and solved the issues.