█ █▀▀ A R C • L a g o o n ▀▀▀▀███ ► Nexodos Red Sea Max 250L

theplantman

Nexodus,

This tank is spectacular. Very simple but pleasing rock work initially and now with the coral coverage it looks incredible. Congrats and well done.

Tokalosh

The colors are to die for and the growth is outstanding.

Could you provide us a little more info on your tank husbandry please?

Thanks

Tok

Wow, just amazing. Your coral growth is phenomenal. Are you using the T5 lights? Each picture looks slightly different with regard to coral placement. Are you constantly moving things around? I would be happy if my tank looked half as good as this. Please share your secrets.

nexodos

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it!!

The colors are to die for and the growth is outstanding.

Could you provide us a little more info on your tank husbandry please?

Thanks

Tok

Wow, just amazing. Your coral growth is phenomenal. Are you using the T5 lights? Each picture looks slightly different with regard to coral placement. Are you constantly moving things around? I would be happy if my tank looked half as good as this. Please share your secrets.

There are really no secrets...just simple routines.

The tank works with a balling method Ca + Kh + Mg (Angel Morales formula) with marine color dosing pumps and 20% water changes every 2 weeks (from the sea)..that's all, I am not adding anything else.

My T5's, from front to back:

1x Ati blue plus
1x Ati Purple plus
1x Ati blue plus
1x Ati coral plus
1x Ati blue plus
1x Ati coral plus

Regards

nexodos

These are my Bubble Magus BM T01 Dosing Pump in my RSM 130D setup. I did the same setup in the 250L.

275.jpg

276.jpg

277.jpg

Regards

**Please, feel free to correct me if something is not understood ;)

Fshlvr

Like I said in the other thread, wow. Amazing tank. Do u have any tips on keeping the sand so clean? My tank has been running for about 5 months now and the algae in the sand is annoying. Got a goby which is helping, somewhat. Thanks for sharing!

gmckay

Hi. I am drawn to your reefscape and am really interested in how you went from the big hunk of rock then to the final product. Was this one big rock that you chiseled away at or several pieces attached.?

Can you show us how you did it?

nexodos

Hi. I am drawn to your reefscape and am really interested in how you went from the big hunk of rock then to the final product. Was this one big rock that you chiseled away at or several pieces attached.?

Can you show us how you did it?

Thanks!!

Yes,...I chiseled away 2 rocks to build the ARC.

█▀▀ = left part

▀▀▀▀███ = Right part

Last edited:

salty23

wow nexodos, amazing tank!!!! Love the growth and color. Beautiful rockwork as well!
May I ask how did you get some of the frags/corals to stick onto the glass/plastic part of the overflow? what kindof glue/putty did you use? Thxs

nexodos

wow nexodos, amazing tank!!!! Love the growth and color. Beautiful rockwork as well!
May I ask how did you get some of the frags/corals to stick onto the glass/plastic part of the overflow? what kindof glue/putty did you use? Thxs

Thanks!!

I did it with Oceans Wonders Reef Glue Gel

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
WOW!! AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL, very good job!!! I love the huge arc you started with, it's just AWESOME! :snshne:

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
A R C • L a g o o n Nexodos Red Sea Max 250L

Simply STUNNING !

Love the colours, the mix of corals and the rock arch. Pure art IMO

nexodos

WOW!! AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL, very good job!!! I love the huge arc you started with, it's just AWESOME! :snshne:

Simply STUNNING !

Love the colours, the mix of corals and the rock arch. Pure art IMO

Thank you!!! :) :thumbup:

How long have you had your Moorish Idol? does he ever pick on your corals?

I have the Moorish Idol since Jun 2012. I was very lucky with him,... never saw him picking any coral ;)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Would love to see a new picture & some update of your beautiful tank! How's it going? Anything new? :)