Search results

1. Fionn_Matt325

Fish Catcher

hey there, i know a while ago someone came up with a self made fish catcher, but i can't seem to find the thread. does anyone know where i can find it, or even how to make it yourself? heck, even if there's one i can buy, cause i've been trying to catch my flame angel for over an hour...
  2. Fionn_Matt325

ID Help

i just noticed that on one of my tonga branches there are these two small orbs that look like silver ball berings. i poked them, and theyre hard. i don't have a camera to take pictures, but there's nothing to leave to the imagination. it looks like i placed two ball berings on my tonga branch...
  3. Fionn_Matt325

Hungry Serpent Star

i'm missing two algea blennies. i thought the first just died, so i got the new one. and two weeks later it went missing. all other fish, inverts, and levels are perfectly healthy and well fed. could the star fish have got it while it was resting on the rock? does it have an appetite that can't...
  4. Fionn_Matt325

Black LR

i've left a regular piece of LR in a bucket for like 2 1/2 months, and now it's so covered in black that it looks like a very smelly piece of lava rock. is it still useable, and how do i clean it enough for use? - thanks
  5. Fionn_Matt325

conch?

i got a few "empty" shells for my lfs, and one of them started moving. he's about 1/2" with a purple/brown zig-zag pattern on white conch-like shell with very undefined crown features. telescope eyes, and a black flipper. with that in mind and what i found on google it looks like a type of...
  6. Fionn_Matt325

The not so empy shell

on my way home from mass. i stopped in manchester ct to the LFS i used to use because my snail pop. was starting to dwindle. i got a few sand sifters, a couple turbos, and also i got a red finned algea blenny. while i was there i asked for a few empty shells for my hermits (which he gave me for...
  7. Fionn_Matt325

poor lawnmower blenny

i've had my blenny since the start of my tank, and it's always been VERY lively. however the past couple of days it just lays around, and now it's in my "Corner of Death." water levels are all kosher, no physical clues of distress or reason for illness, other fish are fine, but he isnt. the...
  8. Fionn_Matt325

adding new fish

i have a flame angel, percula clown, pajama cardinal, blue hippo tang, and a lawnmower blenny. the last time i put a new fish in the angel and tang ganged up on her. it was an acclimated fresh water platy. it was a good size too, so it wasn't morsel sized. do i have to move things around, or...
  9. Fionn_Matt325

sea hare

i accidently posted my first sea hare question in the hitchhiker thread about whether or not my peppermint shrimp attacking it. (it was confirmed) now i woke up this morning and it's laying on it's side between the rock and glass in the corner of my tank. i tried poking it, but nothing...
  10. Fionn_Matt325

sea hare

i had just put my new sea hare into my tank, and my 2 peppermint shrimp went right at him. it looks like their poking and proding him. is it an attack because he landed in their "turf," or are they just examining him? my serpent star seemed to give him a "hug" welcoming him too until i knocked...
  11. Fionn_Matt325

Out of Control Algea

i have a red sea max 34gal tank, and it used to be fine. however, in the past 2 weeks my aglea growth has exploded. i have hair, brown, and a green type on the sand that looks like a very fine, light, and wavey sheet. my sand and my glass are taking a beating. i have 4 red and 4 blue legged...
  12. Fionn_Matt325

Fw Lr

No not FOWLR, FW LR. is there fresh water live rock? i only had a basic tank with colorful gravel and plastic accessories, so i don't know much about having an "experienced" tank. talking about my favorite molly in the other thread i've got a renewed interest in the other branch of the hobby...
  13. Fionn_Matt325

Blood Molly

I was in the fresh water gig for a while when i was younger. i had a 55, but cracked in the move. i gave it up for a while, but just for the heck of it i picked up a 10gal. starter kit. that's when i saw her. she was a blood molly, the only one in the tank with veroscious carnivores. i had to...
  14. Fionn_Matt325

Frogspawn

first is frogspawn fairly easy for a novice, and second is it suitable for a clown host?
  15. Fionn_Matt325

Grocery Store Clams

I've read that clams bought from the grocery store are good nitrate filters for your tank. From what i gather the store sells live clams on ice, and when put in a bowl of water the live ones "burp." which means they're safe to put in the tank, and bury themselves in the sand. i think it was on...
  16. Fionn_Matt325

Hybrids?

Has hybridization occur with aquarium fish? For example like a Pajama Banggaii Cardinal, or a Percula Ocellaris Clown?
  17. Fionn_Matt325

OT: Losing Nemo

I know it's been 4 years, but this movie is still going strong. I was in my LFS where a 3 year old was explaining to his father about specific urchins, starfish, and fish in general. this kid could've put 90% of us to shame. then all of a sudden he saw a percula clown and ":bugout: IT'S...
  18. Fionn_Matt325

Thread Starting

I was just wondering which would be more productive/easier. Starting a brand new thread for own individual questions, or use an existing thread that's similar.
  19. Fionn_Matt325

Invert Uprising

I see that almost everything gets it's own section, but none for inverts. anemones and clams have their own, but what about the shrimp, cucumbers, crabs, snails, starfish, urchins, plants, etc. the only place for them is the Just Starting Out or the General Reef Aquarium Discussion threads...
  20. Fionn_Matt325

Crabs.. dun..dun..duuuuun!

i think my hermit crabs have grown out of their herbivore stage, and are now craving meat. i've started noticing that my bubble-bee's werent moving anymore, and the two that were had "magically" sprouted little blue legs. also i looked behind my lr to find two empy pyramid shells. :guns: first...