Search results

1. Seasalt Dreams

Is anyone here familiar enough with venturi skimmers to know ....

Thanks! ... I knew something didnt look right. This unit keeps overflowing and this is the only problem I can find. I just fired it up for the first time and the manual said to set the bubbles .5" up the cone in the collection cup, but when I do that, 15 mins later its at the top, then it...
  2. Seasalt Dreams

Is anyone here familiar enough with venturi skimmers to know ....

If this is normal? There is water blasting out where the venturi attachment connects to the skimmer, indicated by the red arrow. Is water supposed to be blasting from here, or only from the bottom?
  3. Seasalt Dreams

xenia coral purchase...

Its more than likely pink pulsing Xenia as its been mistaken for blue many many times depending on the light its under. Either way its cool and interesting to watch pulse. Its too bad I cannot get some to you, I have so much of the stuff I am scraping it off the glass and throwing it into my 5g...
  4. Seasalt Dreams

xenia coral purchase...

What is your area? I am suprised its that rare anywhere.
  5. Seasalt Dreams

xenia coral purchase...

Thats way too much. I would give you one for free if you were local. $10 - $15 at most is what you should pay.
  6. Seasalt Dreams

Open Brain devours Hermit Crab.

I have a clear shot of my brain eating a hermit as well. If the hermits are in the wrong place at the wrong time, it will happen. The same brain I have also seen eating the molts of cleaner shrimp, many times.
  7. Seasalt Dreams

What's this BTA doing?

mobile and move often alright, mine moved right into my powerhead, twice! I wont be getting another thats for sure!
  8. Seasalt Dreams

My brain keeps moving...?

They dont move, are you sure its not just because it is swelling a few inches in size, bringing it closer to the glass?
  9. Seasalt Dreams

New additions Betta & BTA w/pics

Thank you. My clowns faught over it but the black clowns won, and the saddlebacks decided to live in the clam instead haha
  10. Seasalt Dreams

... and thanks Lynn, I will check it out :)
  11. Seasalt Dreams

They are beautiful, get one! :) out of the bag...
  12. Seasalt Dreams

New fish - pics!

Thank you all :) .. he is one of my faves too!
  13. Seasalt Dreams

New fish - pics!

14. Seasalt Dreams

New fish - pics!

well he is still hiding, but snuck a couple shots of my new betta ..
  15. Seasalt Dreams

yeah it seems I have run out. This is the first forum I have ever been on that I ran out at all, let alone after a few pics. Its ok though as I host on my own site as well as photobucket. I would like to know more about this premium member thing though. What does that involve? He seems to...
  16. Seasalt Dreams

I have learned about them the hard way too, I still wonder why I got another one after my first experience haha. Well it seems after only a few pics, I have reached my limit on this forum .. odd, but anyways ... this is where the BTA is now ..
  17. Seasalt Dreams

forum crashing my browser

oh, and yes, I get the page not found too, but thats not nearly as annoying so I didnt mention it.
  18. Seasalt Dreams

forum crashing my browser

I get the typical window popup that IE has encountered and error and must be closed, send, or dont send and error report. Maybe I should try firefox. oh, and yes, I get the page not found too, but thats not nearly as annoying so I didnt mention it.
  19. Seasalt Dreams

They are very beautiful, and very shy. They do not pick on coral at all. They will however eat fish that are small enough to swallow, and sometimes pick on cleaner shrimp, but thats about all. They do not bother any other fish at all.