My brain keeps moving...?

CATALYST

It keeps ending up near the glass...a couple inches from where I put it. Anybody else's move?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Only when I stand up very quickly and shake My head :LOL:

Sorry couldn't help that one!!

Allen :D

Cassette87

I always thought they were not mobile.. but heck who knows? I've never seen mine move, although i suppose if it could somehow control the filling of it's "ballasts" it could somehow move? What is the current like where you're trying to place it? Any fish in there that are picking on it?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Mine hasn't moved in my tank except when the conch gets lodged under it and moves it ever so slightly. I too was under the impression they aren't mobile in that sense. I thought that they only moved via reproduction.

Allen

CATALYST

I tested it to be sure. I put it right in the center of where my rocks are. I could clean my glass with my magnet with out touching it with room to spare. Today it's pressed up against the glass.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I thought it was just me, but mine seems to move towards the glass too! Could it be light reflecting off the glass? It even seems to change shape slightly from time to time.

caitrina

hmmmm, strange, I didn't think they moved either. I have had mine in the same spots for over a year, well except when the big snails or hermits have caused them to move.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Mine walks, sometimes 2 inches, I think thats why they need to be on sand so they dont get cut on the rocks

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
How did you brain get out of your head and end up on the glass is want I want to know :)

OK, yes some can move just like some sponges can crawl.

caitrina

They dont move, are you sure its not just because it is swelling a few inches in size, bringing it closer to the glass?

That is what I think, I think they swell so large and get so puffy that the flow of the water gets under them and they just kind of float right on over to where ever they land. ?????????????????/

flricordia

Plate corals are the worst. When they swell up, same as the brains, they can move. I put a rock or two under them to keep them a little higher then the sand bed. The 240 I maintain has about 5 plates of different colors and shapes and every week when I would go by to do maint. the plates would be up against the glass. The rocks under them worked. Luck.