Search results

1. BryanD

What is this on my coral

Seems i have some black on my coral. Can someone tell me what it is and if it's bad. Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
  2. BryanD

What is this on my coral

Seems i have some black on my coral. Can someone tell me what it is and if it's bad. Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
  3. BryanD

Polyp id

The brown ones. Seen they are in several spots now. They just brown button? That good or bad. They seem aggressive with other corals Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  4. BryanD

New 80g shallow reef tank

Hello all A couple months in now on my new 80g shallow reef tank. Its an 80 gallon Deep Blue rimless. I built a custom stand and have it as a peninsula in the basement.
  5. BryanD

New tank (upgrading from 130)

Hello All So i have setup my new 80g shallow reef tank. Will list the bits later. I have added new sand and added 20lbs new live rock plus 20 lbs my old live rock. I can add about another 20lbs my old rock but my LTA is on it and im nervous about moving it to a newer tank. With new sand bed...
  6. BryanD

Deep Sand Bed issues

So i had a deep bed and have had massive issues with brown diatoms. Like 1000s of them covering everything. Water changes do nothing. I have now removed 80% of the bed much to pistol shrimps dismay but hoping that will help. Sees every time he dug a burrow id have more diatom issues. Anyone...
  7. BryanD

HELP! RSM 130D CFL issue!!!

So as my RSM bulbs are now old so i bought 2 new Red Sea 10k CFLs. I swapped them in without issue and turned on the light. They powered up and then off while fans ran. Tried again and top one would light but not the bottom light. Swapped bulbs top tp bottom with same result. Isnt the bulbs...
  8. BryanD

HELP! Need an ID please

Can anyone help with an id for this fish? LFS guy said it was a red barred goby but it looks like maybe a cryptic wrasse to me. These pics dont due him justice as it was just after putting him my wee QT tank. Hes a deep solid red color unless nervous and then seems to camo up.
  9. BryanD

These Coralife LED lights any good?

http://www.coralifeproducts.com/Assets/pdf/LEDAqualight%20Sell%20Sheet.pdf $270 for 30inch.. Have an RSM130D... Wondering if these are any good. 50% off seems pretty good.
  10. BryanD

Question

Question for you all Most of us don't run the ceramics (using live rock instead) so is there any reason to run the RSM return pump? I have the new pump and its loud and vibrates against the glass (replacement model). Could you not just use a power-head in the tank for water turbulence? What...
  11. BryanD

Sigh just my luck

So my cuc and 2 peppermint shrimp are very happy, Water is perfect, corals growing well but since the ick requires another 7 weeks of no fish (using the no fish 12 week rule) i thought id add some color. So in goes a fire shrimp and cleaner. Both much larger then the peppermints. Well...
  12. BryanD

HELP! Frags detached from there rocks

So i have two small soft coral frags and today i noticed they were gone. One was a two headed shroom of two different types. Once shroom growing like mad and the smaller one today i found detached from its donor rock. Its seems fine but has no home anymore., Other i found loose as well. How...
  13. BryanD

Does size matter?

I'm thinking of building a sump for my RSM130D and after looking at the available options from Eshopps i cant help but wonder on the sizes. If i could fit a sump rated at 75-110g into my space is there any reason I shouldn't use it on a 34g DT? I would think bigger would be better as it...
  14. BryanD

HELP! Clown fish sick?

So my clowns have something growing on them. Dominate clown had one on the head near eye but its now gone however the one that is harassed all the time now has several. Looks like a white parasite. Im at a loss. Doesn't seem to bother them but i don't like it. Anyone able to ID and suggest...
  15. BryanD

Back in hobby after 25 years.

Hello all So back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth i tried to keep a home made reef tank. Back then i had to build everything by hand and it was trial and error. Lots of trial and even more error. Flash forward 25 years and 2 weeks ago i bought a 130D and set it up. Few minor issues...