HELP! Frags detached from there rocks

BryanD

So i have two small soft coral frags and today i noticed they were gone. One was a two headed shroom of two different types. Once shroom growing like mad and the smaller one today i found detached from its donor rock. Its seems fine but has no home anymore.,

Other i found loose as well.

How do i get them to attached to something? I have set them at the top on a flat rock in hopes they latch on for now.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
DSC_2233.jpg

anarchy

You can put some rubble rock in a small tubber ware container in your tank and place it in a low flow area and put the loose shrooms in the container and they should attach. Then you can put them where ever

Pat24601

I think it's just a Mushroom Coral thing....they tend to go "walk-about". Mine did that too! They might not stay anywhere you want them to stay :tumbleweed:

I have mushrooms growing all sorts of places I never put them. On complete opposite side of my live rock from where I put them and even on my red feather dusters tube. It's fine with me, but I suppose it could start to feel invasive.

mike1970

I hate mushrooms there like a nuisance coral might as well be a pulsing xenia lmao. except Ricordea mushroom they are slow growers. I started with 6 3 red and 3 purple now they are growing every place. I throw them away when I can lmao

frisbee

This is just my opinion, but the reason why corals such as mushrooms, xenia etc get out of hand is because YOU let it get out of hand. (LARS) Your obviously feeding your fish once a day, what were you doing in the meantime, just staring into nothing? I understand the fascination, but come on main, this problem didn't happen overnight. Put down the remote and do some pruning. (visualize) See above... JMO, GL. ;)

Last edited:

Oxylebius

Agree frisbee, I've got some encrusting corals tanking over and it is b/c I got tired of fighting them and have now allowed them to tank over, to my regret. Anticipating a lot of work coming up after the holidays to get it under control again.