Search results

1. J

HELP! New (old) Red Sea Max 250/ first timer!

You do realize that ..That wall of rock as you call it is your main line of biologic filtration. Live rock...bacteria...you know...reef system!
  2. J

Best place to buy pods?

algae Barn on amazon or direct. 3000 pods for $25 no shipping if you have amazon prime
  3. J

RSM 250 Skimmer cleaning...

must be stuck..ill try again. does it matter if the skimmer is on or off?
  4. J

My Guess on Max C250 LED Release

Forget the led's, there would be a crap ton of money to make from backwards compatible sump/refugiums that were more competitively priced than lifereef.
  5. J

Wait for new RSM E series?

Love my original rsm 250 with the curved glass. Chiller on the unit works superbly and everything fits nicely in the cabinet. Quiet as the dead and my wife doesnt give me grief. Yes, the room is a bit warmer than the other rooms with the t5's but ...these t5's have a proven track record which...
  6. J

Courtney's Red Sea Reefer 350

If the gate is too high then the water trickles over the gate and makes noise. Just lower the gate until it stops. More water ...equals no trickle sound. Mine runs dead quiet
  7. J

RSM 250 Skimmer cleaning...

how doi pull the skimmer cup? The whole thing comes out and starts to make a mess
  8. J

Anyone running a VorTech MP10 on their Max C-250...?

So....Do I need more flow in a stock 250
  9. J

Anyone running a VorTech MP10 on their Max C-250...?

Do i need an extra pump? this is my 250 http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b404/jemm55/20150614_183037_zpstbbuf3lf.jpg
  10. J

RSM Owners - What upgrades are better than sliced bread?

Has anyone done a nice media rack refugium? The 10 watt lights from in tank really suck. I was thinking that the innovative marine mag lite led would work. Not sure how to clear the glass in that area. Any ideas?
  11. J

Growing chaeto in my RSM250

Is anyone using the innovative marine led refugium light?
  12. J

Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

Has anyone tried to scrape some of the dark covering off the red sea max 250 rear glass to use the innovative marine refugium light?
  13. J

My New Red Sea Max 250

Well here are some pics of my tank. The first pics are of this unknown white strands and yellowish ball on one of my rocks. http://s1040.photobucket.com/user/jemm55/media/20150610_205841_zpsifw54olf.jpg.html http://s1040.photobucket.com/user/jemm55/media/20150610_210357_zpscfps3tw0.jpg.html The...
  14. J

Nuisance Algaes

Can we see some pics to make the thread more informative?
  15. J

Fighting Pesky Dinoflagellates & cyanobacteria!

Awesome info for a newbie like me
  16. J

My New Red Sea Max 250

BTW...how do i upload my jpegs...keeps saying file is too large
  17. J

My New Red Sea Max 250

So I bought a used 250D with rock and live stock. Now I need to thin some of this abundant coral and put in lots of color. Anybody want some of these softies?