Search results

1. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Hello all, Hereby I open my new dagboek. Before I start, excuse me for my English. I'm from The Netherlands, and I'm not daily speaking /writing it. The past weeks I was looking for a new tank. And I had a few candidates. The Red Sea max nano The Bluemarine reef 60 Waterbox 20. From...
  2. Rini

collision with 2 corals?

Hello, At the moment my montiora and other coral (lost the name) are growing rapidly, and they are buming each other. My idea is : let nature goes its way. Just want to be sure if this is smart with corals. They are already touching each other. Any advise is very welcome. Thanks for reading.
  3. Rini

Looks like red hair from the sandbed

Hello, When looking at the tank during night I found this below. What looks like red hair coming from below the sand. Perhaps anyone any idea. I cannot reach the place very easy to get an sample from it without annoying other corals. First picture is not zoomed. The 2nd one is zoomed to the...
  4. Rini

Tube thing with spiderweb something coming out?

Hello, I found out that sometimes some sort of spiderweb stuff was going through the tank. Last weekend I found out where it comes from. Perhaps someone know what it is? Looks like an tube growing. At the moment it is around 1cm / 0,39 inch high. Thanks in advance.
  5. Rini

Water changes when following red sea reef care program

Hello, At the moment I have a Max c-250. In that tank basically are most frags of corals. Fish: In that tank there are some fish living. Yellow tang, few chromis, few shrimps, cleaner fish, couple clowns. Yellow goby with his shrimp. 2 red ruby dragonets, and a Centropyge bispinosa. Since...
  6. Rini

Max C-250 sump cleaning

Hello, Have tried to search for an topic like this, can't imagine it is not around. But didn't find any. Perhaps my searching skills are lacking here. Since June this year we have an Red sea max c-250. As known this system has an sump in the back. Currently i'm cleaning the waterpumps every...
  7. Rini

Sort wurm who life in a cocon?

Hello, I noticed the following creature for some time. And first i thought it was basically nothing as an sort of skelet. But now since today i noticed it has some sort of antenna's. And it is alive, at least the front. It look like a wurm to me, but only the "head" is able to come out and pop...
  8. Rini

RSM c250 skimmer goes crazy

Hello, Since this morning my Skimmer goes crazy. A little background. From start I used the skimmer without air valve. This make a lot of noise (vacuum cleaner). Yesterday I cleaned the skimmer and added the air valve. Lot of noise gone. I think it was 50% open or so. Everything was looking...
  9. Rini

Red sea KH test question?

Hello, At the moment i'm using red sea KH+ test kit. It was part of the CA&MG package. Since i have this test kit i'm totally unsure about my measurement of the KH. I always use the Salifert afterwards to check. This is waste of money in the end. And want to use just the Red Sea test. Where...
  10. Rini

Does the clean up crew has enough to eat?

Hello, At the moment i'm on the last days of the reef mature pro program. And i'm thinking to get a few more members for my current clean up crew. Momentarly we have an cleaner shrimp (1) and 1 crab (percnon Gibessi). The crab is doing a great job. For my nano I had an turbo snail and the...
  11. Rini

Red sea program reef foundation A&B&C or ABC+?

Hello, At the moment i'm using the red sea reef mature program. This is slowly coming to an end, i'm on day 20 now. My goal is to use Red Sea reef care program for my tank. Now i'm a bit confused about the products. There is Red Sea reef foundation A & B & C. They each cost around E12 (12...
  12. Rini

Wurmy thing?

Hello all, This night my wife went downstairs and found something swimming in the tank. Around 1 centimeter long. She has record an movie with the ipad. We are curious what it is or going to be? Anyone an idea?
  13. Rini

Rien his RSM C 250 adventure

Hello, Hereby i open a new topic for my new Red Sea Max C 250. I started some months ago with an nano tank (30 liter bruto). This was to try if we would like the sea water adventure. In short: Yes we like it. It was clear that we both like the hobby enough to go a bit bigger. That sounds...
  14. Rini

What to choose : RSM & Aqua medic

Hello all, At the moment I have an small nano tank (30 liter), and I'm ready for an upgrade soon to a bigger tank with more room for more corals, and some fish. I'm missing fish in my nano tank. Now I'm in doubt what tank to get. To put it more clear, If I buy a tank it must last for some...
  15. Rini

Greetings from Holland.

Hello, I'm Rien (or Rini). Getting a bit older now so most call me Rien by now. From the netherlands. Excuse my english, it is not that good. I'm 42 years old. Have a wife, and daughter (2 years old). With a bit luck in August we expect our 2nd child. We do not know if it will be an girl or...