Red sea KH test question?

Rini

Hello,

At the moment i'm using red sea KH+ test kit. It was part of the CA&MG package.
Since i have this test kit i'm totally unsure about my measurement of the KH. I always use the Salifert afterwards to check. This is waste of money in the end. And want to use just the Red Sea test.

Where my problem is is when do you stop the test with the red sea. The start of the test is when the water colors blue. Slowly it become orang'ish. And it keep getting more orange. For me it is not clear when to stop. At the first orange or at an deeper orange. The card with the tester shows pretty dark orange.
Since i'm not able to explain myself clear i recorded this morning the test. It is a long 5 minute movie.
I did the Red Sea test and the Salifert test.

The intention of this topic is not to have an discussion about which one is better, but how i should use the red sea. Since my Salifert is almost empty, I have the Red Sea left and want to use that. Without checking with the Salifert if i'm close.

Hope you can guide me a bit here.

btw the background noise is my little girl, I had to feed her first ;)
It is not an cat or dog.

Thanks in advance.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Rini, Can I ask please what the expiry date is of this test reagent, the colour changes do not look right.

You should first see a blue which turns to purple, then towards the end point you will see the purple turn almost clear (this is like a grey colour but is very difficult to spot) then it turns peach colour, this is the end point where you stop, you can also back calculate if needed each drop is equal to 0.14dKH. check out the Red Sea You tube video here

The colour we show on the test card is only an indication of colour change it is not meant as a colour match for the end point check out the picture

Attachments

• Alk Endpoint.jpg
    Alk Endpoint.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 5

Rini

Hello Kev,
If I read the bottle good it is 09.2016 exp date.
Have put an photo of the bottle and the box.
And as well the KH label card i use.

It is not even close to purple. it goes from blue to some sort of very light orange and slowly goes to deeper orange. I'm following the plastic card. 10 ml water. 1 ml of the KH from the bottle.

IMG_2401.jpgIMG_2402.jpg IMG_2403.jpg

any help is very much appreciated.

Rini

Hello Kev,

Have contacted my contact person ad Red Sea here in The Netherlands.
Didn't want to bother him before checking the forum if i'm making somewhere an mistake.

Thanks for your time.