Greetings from Holland.

Rini

Hello,

I'm Rien (or Rini). Getting a bit older now so most call me Rien by now. From the netherlands.
Excuse my english, it is not that good.
I'm 42 years old. Have a wife, and daughter (2 years old). With a bit luck in August we expect our 2nd child. We do not know if it will be an girl or boy. We like to be surprised.

I had for some years fresh water aquarium's. Where i kept red fire shrimps and crystal red shrimps.
Always thought that saltwater aquarium where way to expensive. So really never looked for that.
Then i got online and found an Dennerle nano 30 liter saltwater aquarium. And decided to start with that to see if I really like the saltwater ride. Long story, now close to 4 months later i'm sure, I want to continue.
And i'm looking for another tank. Currently I have narrowed down my last 3 options.
Basically i want an system size of min 90 cm and max +/- 100 length. It must fit in the place that we have created for.

1: Red sea max C-250
2: Custome made with the size of the red sea max c-250 with sump in cabinet
3: Aqua medic Magnificia Cf100 with sump

The place where the Aquarium will come has room for max 105 cm length. Option 3 fits.

option 1:
Basically i really want an Red sea max c-250. I really love the idea to have plug and play. Unpack and go.
And i really love the design. I do not like those open hood aquariums. It must have an closed hood.
Further I like the good clear website with all information you need. Even on youtube. For me as noob this is helping a lot. The idea that they really are helping you with the care program for example. Off course they want to earn money like all company's. For me as noob it give me a bit feeling your not alone. And thats for sure a lot worth for me.
Still the red sea max is my favorite at the moment. What i do not like is that you must replace the lights every 9-12 months. The energy bill at the end of the year, seems they consume lot of electricity.

option 2:
Custome made. With the size of the red sea max. This is just to see if it can be less expensive and to have a sump below the aquarium in the cabinet. Just for easy handling. What i'm afraid for is that I need to decide what technic to use. What i figured out is that i want the technic from aqua medic (option 3). Light will be Led and Tl5 It now hangs really how the customer made looks like. If this is crap, then this is a no go. I really want a good looking system in our living room. It is an eye catcher. It must be perfect. If the furniture / cabinet and the hood is looking good then this is an serious candidate. Depend what the cost will be. If it is close or more as the Red sea then option 2 is gone.

Option 3:
Aqua medic Magnificia cf100 with sump. This is as well an plug and play system (except the heater i figured out). The system looks pretty ok for me. What i'm afraid of is that it has just led lights. And I read a lot of stories that led lights are not that great. And lot of people go back to TL5. Option 3 is not my favorite at the moment. The good thing is it is low in electricity usage.

I'm still leaning to option 1. The red sea. Just because the system is looking awesome and the clear instructions, help on the website, in short the support.

I'm in no rush to buy the system. I want to be 100% sure before i buy one.

Further I have no interest to modify. The system what I buy will be used out of the box with no modifications.
I want to watch the reef and fish and not care about technic.

Thanks for reading.

as we say in our region in the south part of NL : Houdoe he! (goodbye!)

Dracko

:rbwwelc:Hello from Kansas. Sounds like a great project. Start a tank thread so we can all follow along, and of course, pictures. Don't worry about your english, most of us don't speak it that well either.:dunno:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Your english is just fine ! Love my RSM 250 :clownfish: