Search results

1. Nascar99

Nba finals

Anyone been watching? Go golden state!
  2. Nascar99

Circulation q

Do you need to keep a power heat at the surface or will the water be oxygenated enough even if it's deep I the water I have a 75 fowlr with one 1150gph powerhead. It's always been pointed at the surface but I found a better spot but it causes no surface agitation. Your thoughts?
  3. Nascar99

Omnivore, feed nor I??

Do you need to feed omnivores like butterflyfish and dwarf angels an algae in their diet like nori? I see them eating lots of algae off my rocks and glass, nutritionally is that okay? I feed mostly all meat except I feed hikari mega marine angel which I think has some algae.. is kelp a good...
  4. Nascar99

75g Butterflyfish Tank

Tank centered around butterflies, had a few corals, they loved eating brain coral but never touched my galaxies :fish9:Inhabitants: - Auriga butterfly -Racoon butterfly -Blue Striped Butterflyfish - Red Firefish - occy clownfish - coral beauty angelfish -half black angelfish - skunk cleaner...
  5. Nascar99

Bully fish

I have a raccoon and auriga butterflyfish for over a month. They get along great but lately the raccoon got aggressive with the auriga. He will chase and bite. It doesn't do any damage but it stresses my auriga out so I put the raccoon in the sump If I add him back later will they get along...
  6. Nascar99

Liveaquaria

Terribly disappointed in LA. I've been using them since I was 16, I'm 23 now. I ordered 3 fish and a starfish about a month ago. The fish that was the reason I placed the order arrived dead. Another out of stock. So I received one fish nd a starfish for 36$ in shipping. So when I ordered the...
  7. Nascar99

hikari angel food

Anyone feed hikari mega angel frozen food? I tried it today, just seems like worms, the sponge just disintegrates in the water lol anyone had success with this food?
  8. Nascar99

what do you feed?

Looking for good food recommendations Right now I feed: omega 1 pellets, frozen mysis, live Blackworm, and littleneck clam. My stock: 2 butterfkyfish, a firefish, occy clown I'm gonna replace the omega with nls when I run out bit what about using something like rods food or Larry's frenzy...
  9. Nascar99

mixing shrimp

I have a skunk cleaner shrimp, had him for about 4 months. If I add a blood shrimp will they get along? What if I added another skunk? Tank is a 75g with lots of rockwork
  10. Nascar99

an important tip to newbies

Make sure when cycling your tank, and after, that you are constantly feeding your tank as if you had fish I thought your tank just cycles by itself, without food, and killed a few fish due to ammonia. I waited the 90 days but never fed my tank so good bacteria couldn't grow! So as soon as you...
  11. Nascar99

Slippery Rock Corals

Just visited Slippery Rock Corals today and I have to say it was great! They had probably 30 tanks of just corals. Along with live rock tanks, fish tanks, and lots of dry goods I got a 200g box of instant ocean for 27$ I'd recommend it if you live in western pa. IWorth the drive, owner was...
  12. Nascar99

75g filtration q

I have a 75g Fowlr My stockists: Aurigas butterfly Raccoon butterfly Occ clown Firefish Cleaner shrimp Anyways, I have no skimmer or filter. I have a refuge in a 15g sump with chaeto as export, along with 10g a week water changes. Will this be o.k long term? I want a dirty system for pods...