Liveaquaria

Nascar99

Terribly disappointed in LA. I've been using them since I was 16, I'm 23 now.

I ordered 3 fish and a starfish about a month ago. The fish that was the reason I placed the order arrived dead. Another out of stock. So I received one fish nd a starfish for 36$ in shipping.

So when I ordered the starfish, I asked how they acclimate theirs. They Said instructions would be in the box. Standard paper only. Well I acclimated him as to their drip instructions and he died.

I asked for a credit for both, a 30$ fish plus a 27 starfish.

They said theyd ship the out of stock fish free so When I asked if I use the credits when it's in stock I they could ship it all in one box they said no we don't do that.why would I pay to ship 2 boxes the same day?!

So I placed a new order last Thursday night. Friday morning I see they have a 10% off sale till Monday. My order won't ship till the following Tuesday So I email, ask to please apply the sale or reply if you cannot. No reply.

So my new order arrived healthy. A total of 56$ plus shipping = 97$

I had a 7$ loyalty reward, plus 56$ in credit, and a 10% disount. Look at my bank account it say hey charged me 58$. I only owe them 34 bc 97-7=90 -56 credit= 34 not including 10% off

I'm pretty upset. Gonna have to call again. They probably didn't apply my starfish credit bc I emailed them before my 14 days about it and they never replied. Had to call, by that time it was day 16 but it's not my fault

I also don't know why the sale wasn't added. I ordered a few hours before, and my order wouldn't be shipped and processed for 5 more days. Idve cancelled and re ordered.

Last edited:

Snelly40

thats odd.... i had a fish arrive dead from them and a new one was sent next day with free shipping paid by them...

Dracko

I am tired of live shipping problems. I now have the LFS in my area order what I want. Costs no more, and I get to see what I ordered before paying for it. If it comes DOA or sick, the LFS has to take care of that. I just don't have the money to play games.

Nascar99

I don't have a lot of money either so if it sounds like I'm being cheap...

I' an a college student, im just using their policies

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
L.A. has recently changed ownership...may or may not have to do with your issues. :dunno:

Supporting your LFS by ordering through them might be your best option like Dracko said. It would be very upsetting to see fish arrive DOA. :wah:

I know some of us (myself included) drive over an hour one way to shop at a semi-LFS. If you are lucky enough to have a LFS in driving distance, see if they do special orders. I bet they will, might take longer but you won't have to dispose of a dead fish. Plus: no extra shipping charges.
BEST WISHES for better experiences...:bluetang::clownfish:

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Every lfs has ich in their tank...... Way to expensive to properly QT everything!

I would call LA again, they are usually super good about that stuff but as D said, new management.

Nascar99

Just wanted to update this.

Called LA and worked everything out. Totally forgot I used a family members cc because I had mine stolen during the time I ordered so they had 2 accounts under my name. Both having half of my credit, 26$ each.

They worked it all out and I'm very happy.

I forgot to mention above that my out of stock fish arrived very healthy. As well as two dwarf angelfish I used my credits for, very plump.

I'll continue to use LA as I always have. They have to work on replying to emails and having more info about how they acclimate fragile critters but I probably jumped the gun. I guess I'm just so used to lfs trying to sheister you out of money that I thought LA was trying to rip me off of my credits. They weren't at all, it was a mistake on my part for forgetting I had two accounts.

Their phone staff is five star and I'm glad they have Americans to talk too!

I actually apologize to LA on this one, out of 6 years buying fresh and saltwater fish that's the first doa I've had, and now that they worked out this issue I feel like a real jerk for what I said above!

Last edited: