Search results

1. Brookesy

HELP dead clownfish!

So my first setback today. I noticed one of my clownfish was missing and after hours of searching I found him in the back of my rear sump of my rsm c-250.im hoping he's just jumped into the sump and then died but I'm worried something could have caused him to commit suicide e.g. Stress. I do...
  2. Brookesy

Could cyano be due to rock work?

My 250l tank is about 7 weeks old now and I've recently experienced the deadline cyano outbreak. In terms of stocking I have gradually added 4 fish, a few corals and a small clean up crew consisting of snails, crabs and a brittle star. One of the first purchases with my tank was two jebao wp25...
  3. Brookesy

Devils hand coral

Ok so treated myself to a new soft coral which I believe is a devils hand? Anyway I've placed it quite high up in the tank and it was fine for 2 days although now it appears to have dropped. As a newbie can anyone offer me any advice?
  4. Brookesy

First coral ID help!

So today I bought my first coral but made the school boy mistake of forgetting what it is called! Can anyone help? Also can anyone tell me what the best food is to feed the coral.
  5. Brookesy

Algae help needed!

Since adding my first fish I have noticed this greyish purple algae growing on my LR and on the back off the tank. Is this anything to worry about? I tested the water yesterday and everything seems ok. The water in the tank is slightly cloudy as well. The tank has been up and running for about 3...
  6. Brookesy

Stocking ideas for RSM C-250

Hey as a new marine fishkeeper I am looking at which fish to stock my RSM 250. I really wanted to keep a blue tang but after doing a bit of research it appears the aquarium is going to be too small for this. This is a open thread to see what other fish keepers keep in a similar size tank. Sent...
  7. Brookesy

Blue Tang in a RSM C-250?

I have seen a lot of people keeping blue and yellow tangs in the RSM 250 although after doing a bit of research I can see the recommended tank size for these is a min of 100 gallons. I was just wondering if anyone has kept these in a RSM before and if so how they are doing? Rich
  8. Brookesy

RSM C-250 my journey

Ok so I'm on day 10 of the reef mature program on my rsm c-250 and I have just added my first clean up crew to the tank. I checked my tank parameters this morning and the the readings were nitrites and ammonia both showing as zero although the nitrates were up at 20. I spoke to my LFS and they...
  9. Brookesy

jebao wp25 twin controller

Hey just setting up my new rsm 250 and thinking of getting the jebao twin controller with 2 wp25 powerhead. Would.this be too powerful on a 250l tank. Also what is everyone's opinion of these pumps they seem to be a good cheaper alternative then the vortech pumps.
  10. Brookesy

New reefer with RSM C-250

Hey everyone, just on day 7 of cycling my new rsm 250 and getting close to adding my clean up crew. I'm a complete novice when it comes to keeping a marine tank although I have kept tropical for a number of years. I must say so far I'm impressed with the rsm c-250 although I do have a few...