Search results

1. S

Please help ID

I have what looks like an oyster or mussel of some variety. I only noticed it the last couple of days as my Zoas are not staying open like usual. I have looked over all the info I can find, but I cant seem to figure out what that is. Thanks for your help!
  2. S

reef safe?

My girl and I have had some big conversation about adding this fish or that fish and it always comes down to me saying that type of fish is too aggressive, or that type of fish will eat our corals/shrimp/crabs. But I wondered if I am being too general by saying no trigger is reef safe. I...
  3. S

My Urchin is Eating my Starfish!

I have an orange linkia starfish and he has been doing pretty well, and cruising all over my tank. A couple weeks ago, I noticed that he seemed to have some raggedy edges and one leg/arm seemed a little shorter than the others. I had assumed maybe he had been having some diet issues, so I...
  4. S

ID please

I saw this picture on liveaquaria's website and cant id it. it was on a top menu on divers den but I cant find an ID to look it up. Thanks!
  5. S

petco

So apparently Petco is having a huge fish/supply sale this weekend... Anyone gonna check it out?
  6. S

Dead fish

So, last night I was not home, but I got an emergency text from my girlfriend that my copperband's bill was caught in the surface skimmer. She helped it get free. It was still breathing but not swimming very well... She went to help him and get him into a quarantine to try to give him a...
  7. S

dueling blennies?

Just curious, do you guys think a lawnmower blenny and a midas blenny would get along? I've had an outbreak of hair algae recently due to neglect. I'm back on my cleaning schedule(was working too many hours but im back to a regular schedule). Anyway, the point is that I'm hoping that a...
  8. S

LFS got great pieces from Australia

Hey guys, just wanted to post a couple of pictures of some Coral that my LFS got in this week! Just look at the colors!!!! And this one I couldnt help myself, I had to have it. (Anyone know what this is exactly? The shop guy kind of mumbled and asked and said 'yep, thats what it is' so I am...
  9. S

optimal coral population

How do I know when to stop adding coral and just let it grow vs. buying more to fill in the gaps? I ask because I have a few more ledges and shelves that I want to add some corals to, but I also know that I dont want to overcrowd the tank. What are your thoughts? Is there a guideline of any...
  10. S

Sifter gobies

I recently got a sand sifter. He is going to town! My question is, with the water ever clear up? There is always sand in the water column now and the rocks/coral look like they have been snowed on. Is there anything to be done, or just keep at it with the turkey baster and know that it will...
  11. S

McCosker's Flasher Wrasse

Does anyone have experience with these guys? I just saw one at my LFS yeasterday and I am thinking about putting it in my tank. Knowing that its a wrasse I worry a bit about my shrimp... I dont think it will hurt anything, since the LFS had it in one of his coral and shrimp tanks, but figured...
  12. S

Whats this?

I think this is some snails...reproduction??? thoughts?
  13. S

More stocking list questions

I have an RSM 250 and have several CUC and some shrimp and I am ready for fish. I have been working on my stocking list and want to get thoughts on this list. I want to get: -Coral Beauty -Flame Hawk -2 Black and White Clown fish -Purple Firefish -Mandarin (but not for some time still)...
  14. S

algae bloom and missing fish

Recently I had a huge algae bloom. I am at about 2 and a half months now. It came out of nowhere, overnight about 2 weeks ago. My parameters were normal. 1.025 salinity, no nitrites or nitrates, 87-88 degrees, and BAM green water so thick that I couldnt see more than a few inches into the...
  15. S

whats this?

Does anyone know what this is? It just started growing on my rocks one day. Thanks!
  16. S

My RSM 250 journey

The new tank arrived and I assembled it. Yes, I am puttign the tank between 2 windows, but they are never open, so the sunlight/heat will not be a problem. I added live rock, sand and water and let it cycle. I have since added some living creatures and will post those pictures later.
  17. S

fairly new aquarist

Hello!!! I just joined Reef Sanctuary! I have been googling a LOT and help has been minimal or non-existant. I am glad there is a place for me to post questions and get answers!!! My first question is how long should I wait to see copepods before I buy some? When my tank was first set up...