LFS got great pieces from Australia

sacktheqb65

Hey guys, just wanted to post a couple of pictures of some Coral that my LFS got in this week!
Just look at the colors!!!!

And this one I couldnt help myself, I had to have it. (Anyone know what this is exactly? The shop guy kind of mumbled and asked and said 'yep, thats what it is' so I am not sure.) But it sure is pretty!!!

I will have to post some new tank pics soon, I had to rearrange some stuff to make it look better, this guy was a little big for any of the open spots in my tank.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Beautiful!! :snshne::thumbup:
Which one or ones did you bring home? Did you get that Scolymia?
So pretty...can't wait to see new tank pictures :camera:

sacktheqb65

Well I wanted them all, but as is always the way, I am having some work done, so I am on a limited budget. I only got the one in the second picture, but the scoly and the lobo were gorgeous. If anyone know what the thing is that I actually got, let me know!!!

sacktheqb65

Any thoughts on what i should get as "ground cover"? I want something that will cover the exposed rock and not bother the coral already in place... Thanks for that too!!!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Any thoughts on what i should get as "ground cover"? I want something that will cover the exposed rock and not bother the coral already in place... Thanks for that too!!!

Your ground will get covered :yup: I'd only suggest to NOT get any GSP or Palyothia Polyps on your Rockscape unless you really L:heart:VE the color of them.
The green Star polyps (GSP) is good for a spot on the sand bed but once it gets on your rock scape, it tends to go wild & take over. If you like Zoanthids...you could make a Zoa garden. They don't seem to try as bad to grow over other corals (at least they haven't in my tank yet). I also like Bright Green Candy Cane Coral.

sirrealism

What kind of prices where those corals? Just want to compare with other places in the country. There is a LFS here that has that same scoly and its 200$ This one might be a bit bigger but same color
As far as the name of the coral you got looks kind of like a war coral. Very nice piece.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I can only suggest things I have...someone will probaby come along soon & give you some better suggestions.
It will help to see your new tank shot once you get it arranged ;)

sacktheqb65

The scoly was 350 I think, the lobo and the multi color brain were $400. I was shocked at his prices. They are great but he was a little high on these. Then again, he only get pieces from australia about twice a year, and they tend to be much brighter than his typical stuff.

sacktheqb65

Diana you can check my chronicle in the meantime. It is still similar to that, the birdsnest and brain have moved but its still similar to that :)

RoDogVillan

Wow those are outrageous!!! I can get the same scolys at my lfs for 20 to 100$. Even 200 is outrageous lfs just trying to make money. Lfs once tried to sell me acans for 20$ a head. Left went and bout 25 heads for 50$ ha just shop around and find the deals. Awesome look lps corals though. Love them lps

sirrealism

RoDog If you can find A scoly like that for under 100$ point me in the direction. I would buy several. I have never seen one like this for under 100$ Mind you at 200$ I wont buy one. Dont take this the wrong way but are you sure what your finding for 20-100 are scolys? There are some open brains that look close.

sacktheqb65

And this guy is high, I know that going in. But I also get to see pieces before buying them here and its the only place in the area for that. I have been quick to grab tiny frags typically. I too would love to know where you get them so cheap. My guy does trade ins, I could load up on better stock!!! :)

RoDogVillan

I have built a connection with the lfs. He has green apples that i could get off of him for 60 and then he has plain scolys for 20 to 30 just because of the lack of color but the green apples are awesome. Just picked up some meteor shower and sunset off of him for 2o $. Im in idaho tho

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I was always afraid to spend so much money on a coral that might die. My son-in-law bought a bleeding Apple SCOLYMIA and for some reason it almost died in his tank. The LFS he bought it from suggested moving it into my tank to try to save it & it worked. It recovered fully. I have since bought a 2nd one for my tank.
L:heart:VE THEM BOTH:
af01ddc5b3f76031f447810f13a0c7da_zps03d6b2c3.jpg