Search results

1. J

quiet skimmer for RSM 400

Hey all, I'm looking for a quiet replacement skimmer for my RSM 400. The stock Red Sea skimmer is super loud and awkward to maintain. Anyone out there replaced it with something near dead silent? My tank is in the living room near the TV, and the skimmer is really the only thing that makes...
  2. J

RSM S Series in sump ATO setup

Hi fellow S Series owners, I've been having a bit of trouble getting my ATO to work reliably. Unfortunately Red Sea didn't include any instruction on how to set the ATO, so I've been using a few other threads here for info. But I'm still having some trouble. Here's what happens. I set the...
  3. J

RSM S series main return pump

Hey all S series owners, My new RSM S-400 is great, but I've noticed that the main return pump is unusually noisy. I've never experienced as much sheer noise from a tank as I get with anything from Red Sea. It always seems to come down to their choice of pumps. In this case the main return...
  4. J

Jesse's new Red Sea S-400

Hi all, I just got my new S-400 setup, broken in and stocked. Thought I would post a couple of pictures.
  5. J

Heater placement in S-400

Hey everyone, Just got a Red Sea S-400. Can anyone recommend a good heater and suggest where to place it? thanks, JKT
  6. J

Considering buying RSM S-400

Hi folks, I'm buying a new larger house, and I'm going to upgrade my tank to something bigger and better. I'm seriously considering upgrading to a new Red Sea S-400. I've had the best luck with 100 gallon tanks, so the S-400 is a good combination of size and style for the new larger house. I...
  7. J

Strange blotches on my yellow tang

Hey everyone, I got a new Yellow Tang, and it's developed these strange blotches on it's sides. I don't know what it is, but I want to make sure it's not a disease. He eats just fine and gets along well with all the other fish. Nobody else has this on its sides, so I hope it's not...
  8. J

Another critter I can't identify

Does anyone know what this thing is? I saw it in the tank this morning when all the lights were off. The picture is from the left side of the tank looking in. The back wall of the tank is on the left side of the photo. The little thing was attached to the back of the tank by the two short...
  9. J

What is this little guy?

Hey reef experts, Is this little guy a sea slug? He lives under a big lump of live rock in my tank. I think he probably came with the rock. He sends out puffs of something white from under the rock every hour or so. I tried to research him online, and he kind of looks like a grey sea...
  10. J

Deltec MC500 humming rather loud

Hey folks, I just installed a Deltec MC500 in my RSM 250. It seems to hum pretty loud, and I was wondering if this is normal. I got the skimmer because the stock RSM skimmer sounds like an idling big rig. But the Deltec seems pretty loud as well. People who got them seemed to imply that...
  11. J

Maui diving

Hi fellow divers, I just joined the site a few days ago and not only do I own a SW tank, I dive as much as I can. I've gone diving on Maui a few times, but I'd love to hear of any cool dive sites you guys may have visited. So far I've been to Molokini crater and the back wall as well as...
  12. J

Saying Hi and Introducing Myself

Hi everyone, My name is Jesse, and I just joined the board today. I'm located in Northern California near San Francisco. I've had SW fish tanks on and off for more than 20 years. I moved three years ago and had to get rid of my SW tank. Now I'm back in the hobby and the proud new...