Search results

1. reefle

The Coral Reef Bar. Open for Business!

Hey guys, I figured it would be a good time to show my custom tank build to the world! im just a hobbyist with no professional building experience so please bare with me. almost everything I did was from youtube or googling. hope you enjoy! 8/1-8/10 building the stand, sump, setup...
  2. reefle

It's been a while guys! (new questions)

Hey Yall, After breaking down my previous tank, I am ready to start a new one! its a cool 4x4x16" rimless. It's in it's own fish room and the stand will double as a bar. I'll start a chronicle for it, but I have a couple questions first. So currently the ceiling has a fan/light on it and is...
  3. reefle

An automatic Glass Cleaner....for all 4 sides!!! :O

Remember how I posted about robosnail but there was the issue of cleaning all four sides of the tank?? apparently this has been in development and hopefully gets released soon!! The only issue I see with this is that it is bulky and probably cant reach the back walls if there are overflows...
  4. reefle

I really really want this done to one of my floors....

http://www.topdreamer.com/awesome-bathroom-3d-floor-designs/
  5. reefle

Robosnail... Anyone with experience or similar automatic glass cleaning?

I'm so tired of algae buildup that required daily maintenance. If I miss a day or two the buildup is so bad I have to spend a good 15-20 minutes scrapping. Im not really lazy as much as I like the automation of things so anyone have this or know of anyone who has? also feel free to let...
  6. reefle

Help with Zoa Identification please!

So I got some new zoas and don't know their names. help please? 1. 2. Both Zoas on this frag Thanks!
  7. reefle

When a fish is a better artist than you....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=851829108170842&set=vb.470911516262605&type=2&theater
  8. reefle

Vitamin C dosing for Zoas/Palys

So after owning a whole bunch of SPS, LPS, and softies, I have found that Montis and Zoas/Palys do the best in my tank. I'm really into the coloration and patterns on zoas/palys so I'm going to focus on them in my reef. I have done a lot of research on how to make them grow a little faster...
  9. reefle

Coral Steroids...Is it possible?

Hey all, I've been doing some reading and wondering how to artificially grow bigger corals. I came across a couple sites that stated Italians and some people with really mature looking tanks were using HGH to bascially buff their corals. I was wondering if anyone knew of this or any...
  10. reefle

APEX made a Jebao controller and its not $10000 dollars!!! :)

http://www.addictiveaquaculture.com/home/35-apex-controller-for-jebao-pumps.html?search_query=apex&results=1 This made me really happy
  11. reefle

All my leathers look like poop. HELP

so my leathers have all been looking like poop. I have a devils, nephthea, and toadstool. all my softies, montis, inverts, and fish look fine but my 3 leathers have been shrunk, dicolored, and in my toadstool's case disintegrating. any ideas?
  12. reefle

September Group Buy!!!!

Alright guys, It's about that time.... I know Macna has inspired us all to get a little something something for our tanks so lets get it going! For anyone new to this, I basically organize a group of 10 or more people and submit a group buy application to bulk reef supply. After I'm...
  13. reefle

Who's gone to these places?

http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2014-08-22/unmissable-diving-sites-around-the-world.html#slide1 So who has done some of these? I would really like to make this a bucket list someday. so beautiful
  14. reefle

Reefle's' 125 gallon piece of the Ocean

Hi all, So I've finally settled on a tank setup. I've moved into a new condo and will be here for a bit. Hardware: 125 gallon Display Tank+Stand 2x Lumentek 240 Pro's APEX compatible APEX system with leak detectors, Lab grade pH + Temp Probe, Apex Feeder Colbalt...
  15. reefle

I would totally spend all my time at work on this

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/like-scuba-diving-from-your-computer-street-view-94722826527.html very neat
  16. reefle

Carbon Dosed Bacteria vs. Anaerobic Bacteria

sorry dumb question are the denitrifying bacteria that feed off of carbon dosing sources (vodka, vinegar, etc) the same as the anaerobic bacteria that live deep in rocks? I just didnt see how vodka thats merely added to the water column would permeate deep into anaerobic zones for those...
  17. reefle

Best Nitrate reducer

I'm in a pickle with my new tank again. I cannot seem to control my nitrates. Here's a little breakdown of what I have going. 80-90 pounds of live rock in a 125 ( I dont want to increase this too much in my display tank because I like the look of open space with standing rock structures)...
  18. reefle

Are Corals Immortal

So I was wondering.... Are corals technically immortal given the right conditions? I mean if a Montipora were technically left in a part of the ocean with optimal sunlight, no predators, plenty of food, etc. etc. it would technically just grow forever and never die of old age correct...
  19. reefle

BRS Summer Group Buy! Sign up! (you dont actually have to buy anything either)

Hey all! The last group buy was in March so I'm sure some of us need to restock up on media, food, etc. or just get some pretty new gear to show off to our friends. For anyone new to this, I basically organize a group of 10 or more people and submit a group buy application to bulk reef...
  20. reefle

PVC size vs. Pump GPH

Hi all, Im starting a plumbing system for my new 125 tank. currently I have a 2100 Rio pushing a stated 691gph and a 2500 Rio pushing 782 gph I dont have too much space in my stand so I want to use the smallest pvc possible. for the 2100rio I have around 5-6 feet of piping plus 2...