Search results

1. T

ughh...its been a hellish day for me in freshwater world...

so i decided to make my 55g oscar tank a predominantly angel fish tank today...last week my oscar died so i wanted to do something different...i have a 55g tank that house 1 oscar and 3 gouramis and i just think that a tank that size should have more fish...so i went to the store today and...
  2. T

finally found the culprit!!!!

Today has been such a nightmarish day for me with 1 of my tanks...just so happens to be my freshwater tank that i was converting from an oscar tank to an angle tank with small schooling fish...(the name has escaped from me right this sec) <---- probably because ive had such a horrible day...
  3. T

looking for a new tank

im looking for a new tank that will fit on my tank stand that ive already built. so that narrows it down to a 50g which will be a upgrade from my 40g seaclear acrylic tank that i absolutely hate..the built in filtration is really really bad...i upgraded my pump and the corner overflow just wont...
  4. T

red sea salt mess

I have been using the redsea coral pro salt since I set up my tank over a year ago and my last wc was a mess...I mixed up my salt with rodi water and used the correct amount of salt...when I poured 10g in my tank it was really cloudy murky water...I couldn't see my fish or my lr it was so...
  5. T

can anyone help me with this

I just did a 5th wc last night and I do 5th weekly...but by the next day all this brown is on top of my sand by the next day and progressively gets worse...I have both my circ pumps pointed to the 2 spots it is mostly but still builds up...
  6. T

recommended flow rate for 40g tank

What should the turn over rate be on my 40g tank...what size pump should I use I think my tank came with a 300 gph pump and to me that seems kinda low
  7. T

moving my tank today need help to make it easier

I have an acrylic tank that I have to move today. Its all 1 piece would i be able to move it with the sand and a couple pieces of rock. I know in glass tanks that's a no no but what about the acrylic?
  8. T

need help ASAP please

at my dads house teco is replacing a power pole so our power will be off anywhere from 1 1/2hr to 3 hours or so the guy says...with teco it could be way longer... so my question is would a generator that is rated for 2300 watts continuously be enough to support my dads whole tank. it is a 28...
  9. T

our water changing station

This is me and my dads water changing station/rodi storage.
  10. T

Hitchhiker id please...

saw this little guy crawling on the glass of my dads nano tank...can anyone tell me what it may be?
  11. T

coral turning white on top...help

Can anyone tell me why this coral is turning white like it is...is it dieing or what's going on... My calcium is 420 and alk is 11
  12. T

can anyonr id this for me

Can someone tell me what these red things are? Not sure if it algae or what
  13. T

media reactor

Has anyone used the next reef Mr media reactors before? Any pros and cons? Any input would be appreciated
  14. T

algea issue

I have algae that is out of control. Its all on my glass and I have to clean it multiple times a day. I can wipe some of it off and some needs to be scraped off. And it will come back withing a couple hours...I'm wondering if I have my lights on for to long or to intense...I just got the reef...
  15. T

Harry's Frags

Has anyone ever ordered any corals from harrysfrags.com? Me and my dad just placed an order for 5 frags. I guess he is just a guy that frags corals from his main tanks and sells them online. Very fairly priced stuff and great shipping price. If you order 5 or more corals from him its free...
  16. T

cloudy milky water overnight

This was my tank last night And this morning. What happened here?
  17. T

cad lights skimmer

Has anyone used the cad lights piepless protein skimmer? If so is it worth getting?
  18. T

General reef keeping books/articles

Can anyone point me to a good book generalizing how to keep sw fish and maintain happy environment for your fish? I cant seem to find the post that i saw weeks ago, but it was someone building a nice size tank that has wrote a book that most people have seemed to read. Any articles are welcome...
  19. T

some sort of isopod?

This was on the back glass of my dads 29g jbj nano. Any ideas of what it might be? He said it was less than a 1/4 in in size? One of my LFS said it was some sort of isopod or cope pod.
  20. T

water change schedule

I have a 40g system that isn't heavily stocked all I have is 1 clown 1 damsel 1 fire fish and a goby. I just got to the end of my cycle now and I was thinking to do 10g WC every 2 weeks. I don't have a skimmer yet but will be getting 1 soon so do you guys think that will be a good schedule or...