Search results

1. Friendly Fire

Need Advice - Fish/Coral Death What to do next?

29 Gal No Skimmer No Sump Canister Filter running Carbon/GFO and Purigen 40lbs live rock LED lighting Temp - 78 SG - 1.024 Ammonia - 0 Nitries - 0 Nitrates - 0 PH - 8.3 Alkalinity KH -12.6 Calcium - 350 Magnesium - 1280 I have had great losses in the past few months. I need...
  2. Friendly Fire

Help - Snails deaths, Torch Coral not extending

In the last week my smaller snails have died and some of the larger snails have detached from the glass and they just dont look right. My torch coral has also stopped extending all the way out. My blue mushroom has kinda shriveled up....but still alive. I check the basic parameters and...
  3. Friendly Fire

Reef Test Kit or invest in Hanna Checkers

I think its time to start checking other parameters and would like your opinions on reef test kits. If you were me, would you just buy an API reef test kit and call it a day, invest in digital checkers like the Hanna Checkers, or a hybrid approach. I understand that the Hanna Checkers are a...
  4. Friendly Fire

Help with salt water mixing

I've been filling 3-5 buckets with RODI and then adding API proper ph. Then I take one of the buckets and mix in my salt. I add a power head and heater and allow it to mix for three to five days. When I take the SW to do my water changes there is tons of white debris in the buckets and it...
  5. Friendly Fire

Just bought coral question

I just purchased a green torch coral from LFS and want to leave it floating in the bag in my QT tank until morning. Will this kill the coral or will it be OK until I can properly dip and acclimate tomorrow. If it will sure die by the morning I could burn some midnight oil and get it into the QT...
  6. Friendly Fire

QT de-worming product recommendations

Hey everyone - I have been doing research on QT procedures and was curious on what products some of the more experienced reefers use for de-worming their fish before adding to the DT?
  7. Friendly Fire

Reef Controllers

After reading some threads on reef keeper safety I've decided that a reef controller is not only a responsible purchase for my marine life but also for my family. I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on reef controllers, what value they add, and which ones reefers have currently purchased and...
  8. Friendly Fire

Fresh Reefer's 1st build.

Alright so this is my first build. Ill start with the specs of what I have today. 28 gal tank 35 lbs pukani dry rock (LFS) 40 lbs Carib Sea Arga-Alive aragonite reef sand Fluval 306 carbon/GFO 2x Tunze 6025 Eheim jäger 150 watt heater Aqua culture footing thermometer Refractometer...
  9. Friendly Fire

Glad to join the family

Hey everyone I started this hobby buying a tank at a garage sale for a fantastic price and I figured the kids would enjoy it. The tank sat for months and I didn't really have a desire to start it because fresh water fish really didn't excite me. My wife had her hobbies and I had mine and they...