Search results

1. Spammie33

What is this growing on my Live Rock?

I noticed it a few days ago, not even remotely close to knowing hat it might be?
  2. Spammie33

Why is my Colt Coral shrinking?

Hey guys, I got a colt coral about a week ago and it has been shrinking ever since and doesn't open up like it did in the fish store... It is placed in the bottom of my tank where there is a medium flow, also there is no other corals surrounding it. Water seems fine. I dont know if something has...
  3. Spammie33

Is my leather coral dying or molting?

Hey guys, I got this leather coral about a month ago and a half ago and it was doing fine, but ever since last week it has been looking like this, and it doesn't inflate as much. As you can see in the pictures, it has a small tear on it, I saw it open yesterday, and today it looks like it is...
  4. Spammie33

Reefapalooza this weekend in OC

Is anyone going? Any feedback/tips on past reefapalooza events? I don't know what to expect! :fingerx:
  5. Spammie33

What do you suggest?

Hey all! As you all know my tank http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/86829-spammies-tank.html, I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions of anything I can add to it to give it more color? I already have some mushrooms but I think it needs something more, I don't...
  6. Spammie33

I'm excited to share this video with you!

Hello all, as some of you may know I have a 100 gallon aquarium with 3 tangs, a tomato clown, foxface, and a horseshoe crab. You can check out my tank thread here if you haven't: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/86829-spammies-tank.html I finally bought a DSLR camera two...
  7. Spammie33

I hope its not Ich!

I've seen some of my fish scratching for the last couple of days and I have been watching them closely hoping that it wasn't Ich, and today I noticed they had tiny white spots on them... most and all of my fish have them, a couple of white spots. UGH what a tragedy I'm freaking out, just when i...
  8. Spammie33

Carbon in trickle filter?

How much carbon should I use in my 100 gallon FOWLR aquarium? I using a trickle filter, do I just lay the pellets on top of the filter pad? ...And the same for the phosphates? Thanks!
  9. Spammie33

Chocolate Starfish bit blue linckia starfish's leg

Hi, I recently purchased a blue linckia starfish for my 100 gal tank and my chocolate starfish bit it's leg (there is damage) the leg has not fallen of though. There is some green stuff coming from the injury and from the bottom of the starfish, is this normal while healing? I separated him in...
  10. Spammie33

Spammie's Tank :)

Hello everyone! My name is Sam and this is my 100 gal FOWLR that I started about 3 months ago. Before this I owned a 30 gallon for about 8 months and transferred some of my fish (tomato clown and Damsel) to my new tank. I'm planning to get more live rock in the near future. The fish I currently...
  11. Spammie33

Would you mix a Yellow Tang and a Scopas Tang?

I currently have a 2.5-3" yellow tang in my 100 gal FOWLR (I currently have 1 damsel, a firefish goby, batfish, horseshoe crab, tomato clown, 4 chromis, and a peppermint shrimp, and few live rock but I'm planning to add more) and I would like to add a Scopas tang, would you guys recommend it? I...
  12. Spammie33

I want to add new fish to my tank, any suggestions?

Hello all! I have a 100 gal tank and I currently have a tomato clown, 4 chromis, a yellow tang, batfish, firefish goby, a flame scallop, horseshoe crab, peppermint shrimp, and a blue damsel. I was hoping I could get some suggestions on what fish to add? I really wanted to add a coral banded...
  13. Spammie33

What to feed a Horseshoe Crab?

Hello, I just got a small 2.5" horseshoe crab for my 100 gal saltwater tank (which I now realize it was a bad idea), but I am having trouble feeding him. I placed a couple of pieces of shrimp buried under the sand (where he could find it) and he just walks over it and doesn't pay attention to...
  14. Spammie33

Is there any chance mixing Clownfish can get along in a 100 gal tank?

I was given a pair of false percula Clownfish and I have put them in my 100 gal FOWLR in which I only have a tomato fish and a damsel. They have not fought or anything ever since I have put them in, they have been under watch for the past day and the tomato fish does not try to attack them or...
  15. Spammie33

Can you guys help me ID? (Pics attached)

Tank: Are the 2nd and 3rd images feather dusters? There are some that are tan/cleared colored and some that are red colored in my tank. I have circled the hitchhikers that I would like you guys to help me ID. Thanks! :)
  16. Spammie33

What is this growing on my live rock?

I have had my live rocks since October of last year, I have recently discovered this growing on it, and there seems to be another big patch of this on the bottom of the rock that is of the same yellowish color. Can anyone ID this. I hope its not harmful! Thanks!
  17. Spammie33

Please help! Blue hippo tang with ich ):

Yesterday I noticed that my blue tang was getting ich, and I gave him a quick FW dip. Today he seems to be much worse, more white spots and he seems to be gasping for air. I plan to move him to a QT very soon. Do you guys have any more treatment suggestions? I really hope I can treat him in time.