Search results

1. jkef2010

First reactor! Ever!

Adding a gfo reactor to my tank to combat my ongoing GHA problem. This is my first reactor is there anything I should worry about using gfo like reactions from the coral or anything will it harm anything I guess is what I'm asking.
  2. jkef2010

Plumbing questions

So lately I been thinking about adding a gfo, carbon reactor to my tank the only problem I have it I don't have the room in my sump for another pump. Now is there a way that it could be fed water thought the plumbing? If so how?
  3. jkef2010

How to prep dead rock with bleach, vingar or boiling.

I have a lot of dead rock that's been subjected to the elements since augest. I would like to get it in my established tank. I know I can use acid but honestly don't want to take that path. Also don't have want to wait for the old curing meathod. So I know I can use bleach, vingar, or boil it...
  4. jkef2010

Incredible expirence,

I woke up to find my one and only hermit crab giving birth to a TON of hermit crab larva (sp). I'll post some of the pics I tryed to take in a little while.
  5. jkef2010

CUC question

More so looking for peoples expirences. I need a new CUC for this 40g I plan on adding it sometime soon. But i don't know what would be a good amout to add or what I should add I really want a nudi or cucumber. More so a nudi. No crabs tho. Other then hermits. What is everyone's thoughts on...
  6. jkef2010

Need some help with plumbing

Can anyone give me a hand? I would like to upgrade my biocube to a 40g breeder tank with a sump my only problem is I have no idea how to plumb a tank to run to a sump and back. Was thinking a 10g sump any help would be greatly appreciated.i don't have no dosing equipment and I am afraid of the...
  7. jkef2010

Need some help.

I've been cycling my tank since 08/26/14. I've Ben testing once a week sometimes two. Only going in the tank is a snail and hermit. Since I've started the levels have no moved at all. My ammonia seems to have stopped at .5 and the rest is zero. Last time I did this it was about 2 weeks and my...
  8. jkef2010

Tank cycle help.

I just started cycling about 2 1/2 weeks ago.... Should my tank already be going through a cyno outbreak?
  9. jkef2010

A favor to ask RS member

I been trying to locate apps on iOS to let me create a design for a stand like some of you have done on here. Unfortunately there are none I could find. My laptop ATM is broken so I can't use google sketch or others because they require a PC or Mac. Is there anyway someone who has the software...
  10. jkef2010

Some well needed guidance required

I should of asked this before starting but I just assumed which I should not have, when cycling a tank do you,or don't you use carbon?
  11. jkef2010

Okay upgraded lights on the way need some help,

Okay so I just bought upgraded LEDs for my biocube. In order to use these lights I have to go topless ( no pun intended...lol). Can anyone advise me on what I could use to make a top that won't reflect the light but will also keep fish in?
  12. jkef2010

Believe it's a starfish need an Id please

Just popped up don't know if it's good or bad. Sorry if the pics are bad iPad don't take good pics
  13. jkef2010

Question for Florida divers and residents

So we decided we are going to relocate to Florida in February maybe march since that's where my Navy 'A' school is located. I've never den diving in my life and really interested in Doing so. Can anyone tell me what's all entailed on preparing? Do I need a certification or anything. Also...
  14. jkef2010

What do you use to log tank info

Just wanted to see what everyone used to,log tank info. Such as parameters, livestock, equipment updates etc. Does anyone know any iPad apps they recommend to keep track of this info?
  15. jkef2010

Dilemma with cycling

So the love sand I ordered is on back order and won't be here till the end of next week. I have 20-25lbs live rock in there. Could I start the cycle without the sand then add it when I get it or should I wait. I plan on starting it with a deli shrimp so I'm just curious.
  16. jkef2010

Basic advice

I should already know this after having it set up once but I don't, I started my biocube back up now I got already cured love rock when I started it back up should I let it cycle again ( I think I should, just not sure) before putting anything in it. I know it's a dumb question but I'd...
  17. jkef2010

Biocube 29g LEDs

Hello all. I'm looking to upgrade my lights to LEDs but I'm not a big diy type of person always manage to mess something up. Also me and electricity and soldering and wiring don't do so well together. So can anyone help me out. A) I don't know where to look for them. B) I don't know what I'm...
  18. jkef2010

Some advise please

I have a question I want to loose the bio balls in the back of this tank, should I put some love rock back there or what it's only going to be a temporary thing until I mod it for a basket. Please help Also I want to make my own basket where can I by the egg crate at?
  19. jkef2010

Moving to North carolina

I have a few questions. I'm moving to north Carolina. First question is. What is a good method on transporting my live stock. its a 6 hour drive for me so i want to make sure they are alive when i arrive. second question. is are there any good local Fish supplies dow there if so can you...
  20. jkef2010

Need ID please

Just got this handed to me I don't know what it is if anyone can tell me please.