CUC question

jkef2010

More so looking for peoples expirences. I need a new CUC for this 40g I plan on adding it sometime soon. But i don't know what would be a good amout to add or what I should add I really want a nudi or cucumber. More so a nudi. No crabs tho. Other then hermits. What is everyone's thoughts on certian CUC critters that you think is a must or a must avoid.

Also a good reliable online place to Order. Thanks

Blndbunny

I've been going with the quick crew clean up crews from reef cleaners. It's all snails but I've had great luck with two diffrent tanks

frisbee

What kind of a mess are you dealing with? Don't forget, you can keep the sand and the glass clean all by yourself. All you really need at first is some snails to help with the algae on the rocks & the power heads. Hopefully if things go right, this nuisance algae will eventually be replaced by coralline algae, which is a good thing. For a 40 gallon tank, I think 5-7 turbo or trochus snails, and perhaps a couple scarlet hermit crabs would be a good start. See how they do for awhile and then adjust the population accordingly. JMO, GL.

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I love snails for cuc ! ... around one per gallon is what I like

Asterea, Trochus, Cerith, Nerites,Margarita, Nassarius and Mexican Turbos

You can start off a new tank 1/2 this many, than add more in a month or two.