Search results

1. M

New Ecotech MP40 QD

I just picked up a new Ecotech MP40 Quiet Drive. This this is a beast! I was running an MP10 (which I have for sale) and WOW what a difference. I was going to get two MP40's but decided to hold off and see how one worked and I'm glad I just got one because this is a powerful pump. Just...
  2. M

2 Hydor Koralia 1150's Plus Smartwave Pump Controller

Hi, Up for sale 2 barely used (less than 2 weeks) Like new Hydor Koralia 1150 Pumps plus a Koralia Smart Wave Pump Controller. Asking $150 for all plus shipping. (Won't part these) Selling as a set. Thanks,
  3. M

Ecotech MP10 For Sale

Hi, I'm selling my Ecotech Vortech MP10 $150 Plus Shipping. This pump is in excellent working conditions.
  4. M

Is this a bad sign for my frogspawn?

Hi All, Yesterday I noticed a head on my frogspawn not extending its "tentacles?" I don't see bare bone but can this be the beginning of something bad or is it normal behavior? My water parameters are fine and I'm doing a WC tomorrow. If it's a bad sign what can I do to help the situation?
  5. M

Truth or Myth?

My LFS guy told me yesterday that I shouldn't keep my Skimmer on 24X7. He said I could turn it off during the day and just run it at night. He also said the I don't need to keep my activated carbon in my tank all the time either. That I should run my tank without it for about two weeks every...
  6. M

Green Hair Algae Outbreak!

Hey friends, So recently I got hit with a green hair algae outbreak, my tank is 13 months old everything was going great until now. Here's what I've done so far to fix the issue. 1) 20% water change 2) Replaced my Chemi Pure Elite media 3) Manually removed a lot of algae 4) Treated with Kent...
  7. M

Does any have a Deltec MC500 skimmer for sale?

Does any have a Deltec MC500 skimmer for sale? Please PM me if you do, i'm interested. Thanks, Marvin
  8. M

Can someone please ID?

Can someone ID this coral for me? It's green and it also extends its tentacles.
  9. M

What is this on my Zoos?

Hey all, Today I noticed this tube like thing coming out if my zoos, here are some pics can someone please ID and tell me if it's bad. I also noticed that I have what I believe to be a sponge on one of my rocks. Are these good or bad? Also there a a bunch of little tube...
  10. M

Ich in my tank :(

I'm pissed off and disappointed, I have Ich in my tank. Everything was going great until I decided to put a Power Brown Tang in the tank, after that everything went south. Tang died of Ich, a firefish is missing (I think he's dead in a cave), my Royal Gramma has Ich, My clown are showing Ich, my...
  11. M

Yellow Watchman

Hey Everyone, I had a Orange Spot Diamond Goby which used to keep my sand bed immaculate. The problem with the diamond was that it would stir up the sand too much and it would go all over the tank and my water would look like it had a lot of "floaties" so the water wasn't crystal clear...
  12. M

Pumps On or Off When Feeding?

Do you guys leave all your pumps on or off during feeding? (Pumps,Wave Makers, Skimmer)
  13. M

What's all this floating in my water? Please Help!

This is my RSM250 1.5-2 months old. I have these particles floating all over the tank and I'm not sure what they are or how to get rid of them. I have heard they are sand particles, debris. or even a copepods going wild. The sand that I use is caribsea Arag-Alive Bimini Pink (0.5 - 5mm), the...
  14. M

Are these copepods?

So it's day Six of my RSM 250 Cycle and this morning I noticed these microscopic white dots walking around the glass of the tank, are those pods? Who can tell me exactly what they are? http://youtu.be/PbBhCaA1vCM
  15. M

Something interesting about water clarity in a new tank

So I just setup my tank last Saturday 5/17/2013 with live sand,live rock and saltwater. So to kickoff the cycling I wen't to the supermarket on Sunday (Mothersday) and asked the deli clerk for 3 shrimp and he said "three pounds of shrinp coming right up!" and I was like "wow, wow guy! I said 3...
  16. M

My RSM 250 is running too hot!

Hi everyone I just started to setup my RSM 250. The tank is in my basement which is cool room temp. I added RO water and salt and turned on the two pumps to help mix and dissolve the salt and set the thermometer to 76 degrees to help with the mixing. The morning after I saw the tank temp was...
  17. M

Aqua Euro 1/13 Chiller for RSM 250 your thoughts

Hello everyone, This is my first post and I'm new to the SW game. I picked up a 6 month old RSM 250, currently in the process of cleaning it all out and disinfecting it I hope to be up and running within the next week or two. I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions for you pros here in near...