Yellow Watchman

Marvilis

Hey Everyone,

I had a Orange Spot Diamond Goby which used to keep my sand bed immaculate. The problem with the diamond was that it would stir up the sand too much and it would go all over the tank and my water would look like it had a lot of "floaties" so the water wasn't crystal clear.

I decided to get rid of the diamond goby and took me two weeks to catch him with a makeshift fish trap made from a poland spring water bottle. Now my water is crystal clear with no "floaties" all over the place but the problem now is that my sand bed is not as clean as it used to be.

I was told that a Yellow Watchman Goby would help keep the sand bed clean without stirring up the sand and making lots of "floaties" in the tank. For those of you who have a Yellow Watchman, does it stir up the sand bed to the point where the sand floats all over the place?

jsgarrido

i have my watchman goby with a pistol shrimp with no floaties . he dosent even move away from his cave were the pistol is at. i do like him but is allways trying to pick a fight when my other fish get to close lol
jsgarrido-albums-my-reef-tank-picture24697-dscn2427.JPG

Anyone have any ideas why my yellow watchman goby is swimming around the tank all of a sudden? He has never gone more than a few inches from his hole before. Now he's all over and staying near the skimmer intake.

RSM250 w/ Steve's LEDs

Mike Johnson

Get some Nassarius Snails and Scarlet Hermits for your sand bed and get the fish that you want without worrying about it.

And, make sure your sandbed isn't between 1 to 3 inches; which causes excessive algae growth.

No he's by himself for the most part. The next morning I checked on him and he was back in his hole. As of today he seems back to the usual of hiding out in his spot and only coming out to grab some food.

Maybe he's just a really bold ywg ??

RSM250 w/ Steve's LEDs