Search results

1. dianezoo

Sam's Waterhome 10 Gallon

Sweet! that could be in a magazine! I neglect my 120 FW and when I rearrainge things I get interested in it again. My reef tank takes much more attention, It's nice to have a tank that is not "as needy" and perks up with very little attention as the FW does. Nice plants too! Regards Diane
  2. dianezoo

Torch attacking frogspawn

Ive had a frogspawn get one of it's sweepers nabbed by one of the heads of my Duncan. The Frogspawn was added to my tank years ago I didnt expect they would grow as close as they are now. The good the bad the evil going on in our tanks.
  3. dianezoo

Spots showing up on several corals-what to do next?

Thanks steve and Bladeyamaha, Yes thanks for your input it is planaria. To the eye they dont look like worms you correctly identified it's planaria worms. I've got a pethora of planaria! I also have a cyano so I did a water change. Sucked off the worms as i could. I think I will look for a...
  4. dianezoo

Thanks steve and Bladeyamaha, Yes thanks for your input it is planaria. To the eye they dont look like worms you correctly identified it's planaria worms. I've got a pethora of planaria! I also have a cyano so I did a water change. Sucked off the worms as i could. I think I will look for a...
  5. dianezoo

Hummm do you think it is actually Red Planaria?
  6. dianezoo

Nope they are not flat worms I can blow them off with a turkey baster and I put one under the magnifyer and they are not worms. more like rust color dots.(My microscope is not working right the light is broke so I cant identify the nature of this. I have a fairy wrass in my tank I dont know if...
  7. dianezoo

This coral has opened up without any issues for months with some spots that looked like they were indiside the base. they would show up in different places not statioary. Today the leather is not opening and this is what it looks like. these spots are now also showing up on my fuzzy mushroom...
  8. dianezoo

LED Lighting---HELP!

anyone have an AI sol blue LEDs over a 65 gal tank dimentions 36 long and feel one unit it works just fine for all corals?
  9. dianezoo

Do I should I dip zenias?

acroman what doseage do you use for dip and fragging?
  10. dianezoo

Have a solorensis fairy wrasse?

I have that fairy wrasse, the coloring on my wrase has a velvety or dusty appearace compared to other fish but I think that might be the way they are. With my wrase I asked to see it be feed before i'd buy him. The store also had a Mystery Wrase that had spectacutar color but it did the same...
  11. dianezoo

Thanks for your reply. You would think they'd have dosage for "dip" on thes. I know ive seen it posted befor just cant find it.
  12. dianezoo

ANYONE order items from "Fragtastic Reef"

dmattThanks for your input. I think I'll order these lights from him and crossing fingers they come quickly. I'm in AZ, and I cant wait t have lights that are not so hot, and use less energy and keep corals happy.
  13. dianezoo

ANYONE order items from "Fragtastic Reef"

Im changing from MH lights to LED and AI sol Blue look like exactly what I need. pricewise and output. However Ive never seen any mention of this vendor. They have fish corals, dry goods et al. so just need to know if you had good experiences or bad with this company. Regards. Diane
  14. dianezoo

I just got a new rock covered with tiny close growning blue mat of zenias. I never knew zenias grew in any form other than the longer puling guys. So question to group are zenias corals that should be dipped. I have lugols iodine solutions and also if that is recommended to be dipped what is...
  15. dianezoo

What is going on with my bubble tip anem?!???!?

Its trying to adjust was it aclimated slow? I agree with reefer gladness tank should be an older setup very well established its hard to tell if yours is from the photo. If it's a new set up this will be very trickly to keep. I put one in my tank a week ago and it is still trying to find a...
  16. dianezoo

Tank turned 49 this year

hi Paul, Love your experiements. Tank looks great,bottles too. Your algea scrubber is what I'd like better than a sump.
  17. dianezoo

Fragging Xenia

I like xenia in my tank too, but I dont like it overgrowning onto other corals. I found I dont have to frag it this method. I like it to grow on the back glass, its pretty cool there. To get it to do that I lean the rock or frag xenia is grown on against the glass and after a few days it...
  18. dianezoo

Sas's cesspool

Hi, steve, someone said crazy,(i noticed) your thread is dynamic. tried to start from this first post and followed along the twisted path I almost got lost. Chiclids and reefs mee too. LOL. so will this tank also get some artistic metalwork on it?
  19. dianezoo

Sand dollars in my reef

it's a McCosker small flasher wrasse
  20. dianezoo

Sand dollars in my reef

Ok son broght me a bunch of little sand dollars from his last trip. I'm about to move them from my QT into the DT. I have a pistol shrimp with his buddy goby and a wrasse and hermit crabs. Is there any benefits or bad things to having sand dollars in the tank? they never seem to be visible...