Fragging Xenia

DesertOrchid

Just be warned... Xenia has a NASTY smell when you start messing with it. I highly suggest gloves for handling it. There's only one thing that gets the smell of of your hands.... TIME!! Several times Julie would walk in the door and say, "Have you been fragging that Xenia again?" :LOL:

Lemon juice or vinegar gets the smell off....... but doesn't so much for the stink they leave in the air. Worst smell ever and I worked in an ER !! :drooool:

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Even healthy it reeks. Good advice I'll keep it in mind.

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

ChrisY

lol, I have experienced some lets just say unique smells in ERs and ORs before. lol I hope its not that bad. I was at LFS when a guy was there fragging some xenia and it didn't seem to be too funky.

dianezoo

I like xenia in my tank too, but I dont like it overgrowning onto other corals. I found I dont have to frag it this method. I like it to grow on the back glass, its pretty cool there. To get it to do that I lean the rock or frag xenia is grown on against the glass and after a few days it attaches and starts to grow upward. I love it there.

GregT

Just be warned... Xenia has a NASTY smell when you start messing with it. I highly suggest gloves for handling it. There's only one thing that gets the smell of of your hands.... TIME!! Several times Julie would walk in the door and say, "Have you been fragging that Xenia again?" :LOL:

LOL Stinks alright
I need to cull mine. whats the bext way to get it off rockwork?

tnwillia

There is no wrong way, Xenia are Alien's from deep space sent here to take over the oceans once we are gone, you can't hurt them no matter how hard you try they just keep coming back!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
if you want to propagate for sale try this, there are plastic net bags on many vegetables at the grocery store, quite fine and soft, put a couple of cutting in the mesh and tie a string on it somewhere there is good flow, shortly they will start popping out, snip! and your on your way to reeferbucks

My problem is I think my tank is too full. I really dont have room for setting up frags. Xenia looks awesome, no doubt about that, but they are turning into a nuisance.

CameraZOOM-20120122184435127.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120122184446876.jpg

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
ahhhh get it out.. it will take over.. xenia and anthelia... ive got two basketballs now and im thinking about buying a flamethrower..

I think it's too late for that.. It's dropped it's "frags" by itself throughout the tank...I may buy an urchin in hopes it likes Xenia

DesertOrchid

I think it's too late for that.. It's dropped it's "frags" by itself throughout the tank...I may buy an urchin in hopes it likes Xenia

Too bad you don't live closer I'd GIVE you the two I have. Currently they are in isolation since they eat up all the xenia and taro trees they can. They are pencil urchins if you'd like to get some yourself in hopes they 'clean up' the xenia if it gets out of control.

Haha..I think the said flamethrower would be more fun. For farming or fragging, I do like the baggie idea, especially if I can clip them to the sides of the tank. I may do that, otherwise yes...I will have to find something that will eat them. I am just afraid urchins will chew on other things I want to keep.