Search results

1. iamkellogg

OT: Help is needed...very sad.

I live in Gibson County Indiana and this horse farm was found and has been seized. I have been volunteering during the week in the afternoons feeding, watering, basic things....cleaning stalls. This story is heartbreaking. You hear of people hoarding cats, dogs, and even birds but I have never...
  2. iamkellogg

Happy Dance.

:whstlr: I found a home for the soapfish and Jumbo crab! :whstlr: Now I will have to remind myself to NOT bring home stray fish. :smirk: At least now they are going to be in an aquarium being looked after instead of dead at the LFS. My sister used to work at the zoo and she called them...
  3. iamkellogg

brine shrimp?

The dwarf seahorses eat newly hatched brine shrimp. Does anyone use the decapsulated brine shrimp as well as the regular and what is the differences as far as time and hatching. I know that decaps have the shells removed...but is that it? Do they still swim when they are rehydrated? I am trying...
  4. iamkellogg

Toying with the idea

I have been toying with the idea of getting dwarf seahorses. I have been researching all that is needed and I am lost about the tank. I found this article. Here is a small Eclipse 6  gallon that I set up But it is for a larger setup. I was thinking of starting smaller a 5 gallon and if...
  5. iamkellogg

looking for a 4-5 gallon aquarium/nano

Hello. I am looking for a small tank for an upcoming project if anyone has one gathering dust. ;) I am checking the sponsers out and ebay. Hopefully something will turn up. My lfs does not carry anything that small and the kits at the bigger chains do not look very good. Any help steering me...
  6. iamkellogg

OT: Nemo needs a time out

I have 3 year old twins and one of them LOVES the tank. The two clowns often swim around each other like they are dancing and my son keeps telling me they are fighting. Today I walk into the room to find him tapping on the glass with his pointer finger screaming " YOU TWO KNOCK IT OFF OR YOU ARE...
  7. iamkellogg

I have a stupid question!

I am not sure if I should ljust state the question or the reason I have the question. So here it is. Everyone says how quick and easy mushrooms are to spread and that they are easy to ship so my question is....... Why can't I find any and when I do find them why are they so expensive and...
  8. iamkellogg

Center of attention

I have a few coral frags placed all over my tank and all seem to be doing fine under my lighting. I have 4-5 different kinds of Zoas, frogspawn, hammer coral, galaxia, mushrooms, ricordia, green star polyps, pink star polyps, 2 kinds of Xenia, clove polyps,toadstool and a large colt Coral. All...
  9. iamkellogg

Sponges anyone?

Hello I wondered if anyone had any sponges they were trading or selling. I am just wanting to add something different to my tank and thought some sponges might add some color. Kelly
  10. iamkellogg

Nano sized coral and sponges?

I remembered someone awhile ago listed a website that sold nano sized coral and sponges and I wondered if anyone remembered what it was???? I have tried searching for it but can not locate it. I would like to put some smaller corals in my tank and a sponge. The website had really great prices...
  11. iamkellogg

What to do?

What do you do with a fish that you can not sell or even give away? I was at a LFS and they were cleaning tanks and were going to euthanize a fish because they could not sell it and they needed the space. Well.....stupid me....I tell them....I'll take it home I am sure I will be able to find...
  12. iamkellogg

Reef Bugs?

I wondered if anyone has ever tried this product to feed corals? Marc Weis Reef Bugs - Pet Solutions It is supposed to last awhile and it is cheaper to ship than other foods because it is not already mixed with water. Kelly
  13. iamkellogg

Xenia?

I just wondered if anyone would be trimming Xenia soon. I am having a hard time locating any near me and would like to get some. I live in Southern Indiana. Kelly
  14. iamkellogg

Gone?

I added a Condi to my tank and it hides during the day and comes out at night like clock work but last night it failed to come out. It showed no signs of stress and it looked great. I am not sure if I should go in and dig around for it or what. I really do not want to have to move my rocks...
  15. iamkellogg

Justcoral is awesome !

Scott got my coral and critters shipped to me fast and packed super. The inside was still warm. Everything opened up nicely. I am very impressed. Kelly:whstlr:
  16. iamkellogg

What is the smallest trigger?

I wondered what the smallest trigger you can find and keep in a reef aquarium? My tank is still empty and I am still in search of the perfect HARDY fish for the tank. I am thinking of buying a few Chromis to test things out. It has been nearly two months so I am waiting for a second cycle before...
  17. iamkellogg

Finding people and prices?

Where do you find people to buy from and trade with once you get started in this hobby? Also how do you know what a fair price is to pay for a coral when you are getting started? How can I make sure I do not get taken advantage of especially since I am female. Or will being a girl get me farther...
  18. iamkellogg

Hardiest Coral

What is the best coral to start out with? My tank has been set up for six weeks and is still empty has a few crabs and snails and I would like to put a few corals in it before I add my fish. What would you suggest? I love The carpet zoanthids are they easy to keep? Kelly
  19. iamkellogg

Best First Fish

I have had my SW tank set up for a while and have added my crabs and snails and they are doing just fine. I have algae growing on my live rocks. My water levels are stable and near perfect. My PH was at 8.4 but I have read that is ok. Now I am ready to venture out and add my first fish to the...
  20. iamkellogg

Hello from Indiana

I am just starting a 50 Gallon corner Hex saltwater tank. I have 4 fw tanks that I have had for years. I have always wanted to get into SW but have never made the plunge. I am a stay at home mom of 4. I have a 13 yo son, a 8 yo daughter, and 2 yo twin boys. I spend my days with kids and my...