OT: Help is needed...very sad.

iamkellogg

I live in Gibson County Indiana and this horse farm was found and has been seized. I have been volunteering during the week in the afternoons feeding, watering, basic things....cleaning stalls. This story is heartbreaking. You hear of people hoarding cats, dogs, and even birds but I have never heard of horses before. Most people can not support one horse yet this man manage to collect over 100. When the rescue group went in they found awful conditions....starving horses, sick horses, even dead colts out on the fields. If you have time please read the story and help if you can. If you live close they still need volunteers and more supplies. SOme of the horses will be able to be adopted out in a few months when they are healthy. These horses are wild....not saddle broke. Some of them will let you get close and pet them but alot of them are skittish. Any help you can offer would be appreciated!

Gibson County Neglect May 27 2007

Kelly

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Re: Help is needed...very sad.

That is incredibly sad! :( :( I hope the owners serve a long jail sentence! I will send a donation today.

mps9506

Ugh.... I don't know how people can live with themselves treating animals like that. One of the few things that make me angry.

lcstorc

Very sad. I really don't know how people do these things.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM

I am very truly saddened by this! With tears in my eyes, I have made a donation. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

rebekwl

OMG that is HORRIBLE! I just don't understand how people can treat animals so badly. That is so sad. I hope they raise enough $ to save all of them. And I hope that scum bag gets thrown in jail and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! I am so angry right now!

iamkellogg

I have spent the last few days out there cleaning stalls and helping out. Things are getting better but they need people badly. Today they had me and 1 other volunteer we did not get much done. Some of the stalls are knee high with horse waste. It is awful. We could shovel forever it seems and never hit dirt. Thank you all for your help. I know they appreciate any help they can get.

Kelly

iamkellogg

Another mare is about to deliver. It is exciting. It is great that now she has a safe clean place to have her baby. :)

Kelly