Hello from Indiana

iamkellogg

I am just starting a 50 Gallon corner Hex saltwater tank. I have 4 fw tanks that I have had for years. I have always wanted to get into SW but have never made the plunge. I am a stay at home mom of 4. I have a 13 yo son, a 8 yo daughter, and 2 yo twin boys. I spend my days with kids and my nights maintaining my tanks. On weekends I like to pester my husband for more money to sink into my fish. We live in the country about an hout from any fish store and there are no places that carry reefs. As far as a reef goes I do not have one yet. I have a tank with sand and live rock. It has been sitting for a couple of weeks and I am exciting to get started.

Kelly

cioutlaw

I am just starting a 50 Gallon corner Hex saltwater tank. I have 4 fw tanks that I have had for years. I have always wanted to get into SW but have never made the plunge. I am a stay at home mom of 4. I have a 13 yo son, a 8 yo daughter, and 2 yo twin boys. I spend my days with kids and my nights maintaining my tanks. On weekends I like to pester my husband for more money to sink into my fish. We live in the country about an hout from any fish store and there are no places that carry reefs. As far as a reef goes I do not have one yet. I have a tank with sand and live rock. It has been sitting for a couple of weeks and I am exciting to get started.

Kelly

Welcome, Not sure what part of Indiana your from but Inland aquatics in Terra Haute is great! Indianapolis has some nice stores too

lcstorc

Welcome to RS! Lots of friendly helpful people around here. Just ask and we will help out.

lcstorc

Also check out the RS sponsors. Many a deal can be found there on some really great stuff. Most things are cheaper if bought on the net as well. Particularly equipment, but there is lots of gorgeous livestock out there as well. Shipped straight to your door.
So pester your husband for more money and go shopping right from here. :)

iamkellogg

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am learning so much here. People seem so nice...so far. The nearest big city is Evansville. Indy is nearly 3 hours away. We live in the sticks. Walmart in Princeton sells FW fish but I won't buy those they usually are sick. Thank you for the heads up on the websites to check out. I just hate all of the shipping fees......oh well I guess it is cheaper than gas. ;)

Kelly

lcstorc

A lot of the sites have free or reduced shipping if you spend a certain amount of money. Just a thought. :)