Search results

1. Creekview

Pregnant File Fish????

OK, so she's "with eggs"......still have never seen this. The male, and he's obviously male, has staked out the nesting area, and they swim together and "dance" together, so I'm hoping she'll lay the eggs and he'll figure out the rest. She's so big, it's gotta be any day now.
  2. Creekview

Pregnant File Fish????

Just a couple of other updates......I haven't used RODI for top off in a year, I just use good old Louisville tap water for top off. There hasn't been a water change in over a year, of any kind. I have massive populations of all kinds of 'pods, as well as a huge colony of mysid shrimp in the...
  3. Creekview

Pregnant File Fish????

Here are a few crappy iPhone photos You can really see how fat she is here!!
  4. Creekview

Pregnant File Fish????

It's been a while since I've posted, as it's been a busy year. My system has been described in previous posts. It's an approximately 90 gallon dirty water system, using only an algae scrubber for filtration. it's been up for almost 2 years now, and the system is what I would call fully mature...
  5. Creekview

2 tanks on one system good or bad?

I run tandem tanks with an offset algae scrubber/fuge combo. Works great.
  6. Creekview

Anyone Ever Used This Rock?

Use ocean cultivated live rock. Not fake, or fake looking. There are quite a few suppliers in the Tampa Bay Area.
  7. Creekview

Few Random pics from snorkeling last week in Bahamas and Grand Turk

I've seen lion fish on two different restaurant menus recently, both upscale fine dining places. The least we can do is eat 'em.
  8. Creekview

oxygen levels

A skimmer would provide ample gas exchange.
  9. Creekview

Clash of Clans

I play off n on
  10. Creekview

My tank has 3 leeks on the front glass

Paul's been hittin' the sea weed again.......
  11. Creekview

Live rock dry rock debate

At $45.50 a pound, it better be freakin' spectacular. I'm sorry, but that's way outta line. I've purchased from K P Aquatics in the Keys most recently. Their stuff is $5.00 a lb, air freight included. It's very nice, at 1/10th the price.
  12. Creekview

WTH? Discovered this morning

:olsmile: Glad you got a smile out of it.
  13. Creekview

They appear to be sensory. Can't say for sure, as there is obviously sensitivity to light on him somewhere. Hit him with a flashlight at night and he runs (ok he can't run) for cover.
  14. Creekview

I actively seek rock with hitchhikers. I've bought from two different Florida suppliers, and love finding new critters when it arrives. Have never had a major problem, and I've been running a tanks this way for years.
  15. Creekview

You're not contrary when you're right! That's him for sure. And since I've got ocean cultured live rock, he's just another neat hitchhiker that's showed up.
  16. Creekview

I've only every seen him first thing in the morning when the lights come on. He moves into the live rock as soon as the lights come up. I'll look tonite with a flashlight.
  17. Creekview

Love the color! Spotted another one, same color but smaller. I'm gonna assume he's safe to keep.
  18. Creekview

Got up this morning, and spied this critter on the glass. Looks kinda like a snail, has a mouth and antennas, but no shell. From the top, looks like a ricordea. Has what looks like a mouth on top, too.
  19. Creekview

Just Got a New Wave Maker

You might consider a wp10 instead of a second 25. I found running two wp25's in my 55 way too much, even on the lowest settings.
  20. Creekview

The gritty mix of home made food

That was the advantage of using the robo coup at the restaurant, no one cared, and we just handed the dirty mess to the dishwashers. And it wasn't yo mama's food processor, it was a 4 horsepower monster that spun up to 12,000 rpm. Made it really smooth, like fish guts puddin' :fishy::fishy: